GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic K04 from Hong Kong

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
You gonna take the BSH mount out and just run the HPA insert, or HPA insert with pendulum mount?

Right now I have a BFI insert with the pendulum. Going to keep the pendulum as that is the part that is the weakest on these cars and use the HPA mount as the bushing.:thumbsup:

Realized that after HPA came out with this, that they are replacing the last piece of factory rubber with their mount so I was liking it already just for that.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
you are right, the attachment points on mine are threaded. Yours is race or just street catch can?
For the hpa mount, just press it in

Cool.....ya mine is the recirculated one....street.

Don't know why they when different with the race can on the fittings. I'm about to block off one of the ports tonight when I install forge's Africa Plate so I'll just be running two hoses off of the can instead.

shane819

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool.....ya mine is the recirculated one....street.

Don't know why they when different with the race can on the fittings. I'm about to block off one of the ports tonight when I install forge's Africa Plate so I'll just be running two hoses off of the can instead.

Yep//gotta ask phil why the fittings are different

Im about to do the same with the Forge plate as well..its an amazing piece

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yep//gotta ask phil why the fittings are different

Im about to do the same with the Forge plate as well..its an amazing piece

I just put my plate on an hour ago...just gotta remember the top right screw...use the shorter one for that. Wasn't too bad. I chose to choose some ultra black sealant to help the gasket a bit. Looks great. I'll check the torque on the bolts tomorrow after a few heat cycles.

The fittings are different cause racecar. lol....it is a racecan though ha.
So funny I know.
I gotta call them and see if they know a way i can make it quick disconnect. I like to take it out to empty it but honestly I have found siphon pumping it out to be the best. Even when you clock the drain plug in the best spot its still a b5tch to get something down in there to catch stuff

I noticed you went with the softer HPA mount (red). Any particular reason why? I'm thinking I may do the same now as that mount seems to be the source of most vibration depending on how it is configured.

sonomaaz2003

Ready to race!
All the brackets are custom made, the kit doesnt come with any. I'll see if i can get some pics later this week, I dont have the car with me now. You will have to remove the fog light if mount at that spot. A better sport would be behind the lower front grille, but mine has a FMIC.

yea i have the same cooler mounted their thats why i was wanting to know more about your cooler location.

Halvie

WOOSA
Right now I have a BFI insert with the pendulum. Going to keep the pendulum as that is the part that is the weakest on these cars and use the HPA mount as the bushing.:thumbsup:

Realized that after HPA came out with this, that they are replacing the last piece of factory rubber with their mount so I was liking it already just for that.

Report back if the HPA insert increases noise. Sorta over how loud the car is. Thinking of putting the stock CB on, swapping to a not-shit sounding clutch, stock pendulum mount...ect.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just realized you have a DSG cooler too? More info please!!! Really really interested!!!

And where are you mounting the DSG cooler?

By any chance are you also using a more efficient radiator as well?

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Report back if the HPA insert increases noise. Sorta over how loud the car is. Thinking of putting the stock CB on, swapping to a not-shit sounding clutch, stock pendulum mount...ect.

Will do but I'm calling them tomorrow and most likely ordering. I will say that it probably won't. The bsh trans and engine mounts did though. I still can't hear the car at all when my stereo is up though....and I have no engine cover or hood liner, noise pipe delete and a fairly loud intake.

I like it loud though. Its not ridiculous loud just like any other sports car. I like to be a little unique.
I should be "loud" when I cancel this res with the cutout i have....still shouldn't be a honda fart tard crazy loud though lol.

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
So sexy.

Any more info where I can get the oil and DSG cooler?

Thanks

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE on HPA mount.*******
I ordered the red one today. They are actually on sale for 160 and free shipping. The red one is actually the best one for the DSG. I spoke with HPA on the phone and this is what they advised after much testing. It was not offered when they first released the product. The HPA rep was cool to deal with. Already shipped it I think.

Suspension

Why changing so often the suspension? I m doing some research and I was about to buy kw V2 till I read few bad review and a friend unhappy with it... Now I'm thinking PSS10 but you changed once again, any reason? How are the BR compared to PSS10? They seems cheaper too!

So far he went thru KW V2, H&R, PSS10
Currently with BC racing Type BR and H&R sway