GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying the Golf R - DSG/Engine Questions before grabbing one

Fizzle1

Hey forum! :D

Been researching for couple of weeks 'bout the Clio RS, Scirocco R, Mini S, and some other super hatches lately and popped by this forum. Been a fan of VW for ages, owner of couple of VW's including the Cup Edition Beetle ( Street Version ) and i must say after 5 years of not owning a VW i really do miss the vdub ''feel''. My goal is to modify, a tune, upgraded turbo, engine upgrades, nice set of coilovers, wheels and a lil bit of CF here and there.

At first i wanted the manual version but after adapting to my GTR's GR6 transmission, getting used to it and knowing how to use it perfectly and the world of aftermarket parts available changed my mind. So im leaning more towards the DSG version, but before i do sign up for one, i want to know some more information regarding the transmission and engine:

Is there are any upgradable 1st gears, clutches, baskets, sump, choice of fluids, transmission coolers, etc for it?

Whats the strongest transmission upgrade available and how many clutch packs?

After researching, i read somewhere that the Haldex on the Golf R is more advanced that the GTI's? If so, do i need anything else other than the PreX wireless controller?

I also read that the R's engine has stronger internals than the GTI's? If it does, what mild turbo upgrade KIT do you recommend? Goal is not to go more than 370 - 400whp or so.

And one last question....What is the most popular tuning device available? And what other options are available.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bombarding you with my newbie questions. :thumbup:

Veryspeedy

Ready to race!
see the top options bar? Third from the right there is a Search button !!!