GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Tiguan Pipe Install & Noise Maker Delete

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
that's what I thought, so i loosened the clamp and pushed the pipe up, it was definitely all the way in. I was pushing so hard to get the mounting points to line up that the hose started crimping.

I spoke with ecs customer service and told the guy that the 1k0145770k that I received is for the fsi not tsi. he stated that 5 other people have called about the same issue. I then got the standard "we will email you when we figure it out." didn't I just tell him how to figure it out?

yea, I just got an email back from ECS saying they are working with their VW supplier to figure out the issue. I removed my pipe on monday and took a ton of photos of it next to the noise pipe. When I reinstalled it I made damn sure that thing was completely seated in the hoses. Doesn't even come close to the mounting points. The pictures I took clearly show the extreme difference in the mounting arm geometry, so it has to be the FSI pipe we got.

Agreed. Their shipping is asinine AND their credit card system was hacked. I got frauded $480 because of it.

Yea ECS's shipping cost is unreal. for standard VW parts I use genuineaudiparts.com. Just got a good size order in from them to do the TT control arm conversion. They worked with me to bring my cost down, by suggesting to purchase the same parts with either the audi part number or vw part number as they were cheaper. They even emailed me saying they shipping cost estimator charged me too much. Ended up having my shipping cost droped by $10. They also threw in a free badass audi hat.

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
Im selling my Tiguan pipe PM me! :)

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
so I just got am update from ECS. Here is what they said

I just wanted to give you a little update with this situation. I contacted our parts guy who in turn contacted our supplier about this issue. It appears that our supplier had sent us the incorrect pipes even though we requested the correct part. We are contacting our supplier to fix this situation and will let you know when this has been resolved to get you the correct part. Thank you for your understanding.

Looks like we got the wrong pipe in our recent orders. For all those that have a noise pipe, not soundkator, and are thinking of doing the delete make sur eyou verify the part numbers with the vendor that are list in the first post.

ransomed4ever

Resurrecting an old thread here, but how did you guys get the original pipe disconnected from the hose to the throttle body and the hose from the intercooler? I tried for over an hour to get them off and they won't budge. The problem with the top clamp is that the clamp screw just backs out, but doesn't loosen the clamp any.