GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Break-In Period Golf R

vwr2010

APR Tuned
Hi All,

:thumbup: Just Ordered a new Golf R comes in Jan so it wil be a 2011 model :happyanim: .. white color, dsg, sat nav, recaro race seats, the works! cant wait to post some photos once its here!

I have a quick Question, the dealership has told me the engine is allready pre-Broken in so can drive it hard from the word go ! .. on the flip side, VW books say break in period is first 2,000kms...

would it be safe to do a stage 1 tune and a few mods from the word go or should the 2,000kms be done before doing anything to the car? ? ?

i currently have a 2008 Pirelli tuned, never had problems but that got done at 10,000ks so not sure about the New car thing .

Alex.

FinalOne

Ready to race!
congrats on your new R mate (you bastard!) :p
i would say drive it carefully till the first oil change
you can go stage 1 fron the go if you want but dont gun it right from the start
modern engines have their cylinders laser cut thats true but an engine does not cosist
only from cylinders, better drive it smoothly at start while various engine components meets each other.

vwr2010

APR Tuned
Thanks for the Tip! , it sort of makes sense to me to drive it stock for the first couple thousand ks although knowing the potential of the car is massive when tuned its so tempting ahaha ..

Cheers Mate.

Alex.

Mischievous M1

Ready to race!
Hi All,

:thumbup: Just Ordered a new Golf R comes in Jan so it wil be a 2011 model :happyanim: .. white color, dsg, sat nav, recaro race seats, the works! cant wait to post some photos once its here!

I have a quick Question, the dealership has told me the engine is allready pre-Broken in so can drive it hard from the word go ! .. on the flip side, VW books say break in period is first 2,000kms...

would it be safe to do a stage 1 tune and a few mods from the word go or should the 2,000kms be done before doing anything to the car? ? ?

i currently have a 2008 Pirelli tuned, never had problems but that got done at 10,000ks so not sure about the New car thing .

Alex.

Apologies for my utterly late reply mate as I have been away for work and have only just gotten back into town this morning. Hope i didn't offend you with the unintended silent treatment. BTW thanks for the kudos on my REVO kit... just recently flashed my ECU with APR, bolted on the Supersprint exhaust and installed the Neuspeed Hi-Flow Turbo discharge pipe. Lovin' it more each time i drive it.

About the run in... it wouldn't hurt to run it in to the 5000kms before cutting sick on it bro. I always believe in peace of mind of doing things right the first time despite the mention of it being factory broken in. :)

Then again you are talking to a nut that performs an oil change every 8000kms. Consider using OWS Turbo Racing oil... there is no regret and turning back once you use it. ;)

AAU

Ready to race!
Congrats! Sweet ride.

I would follow the directions in the manual when you get it. It's not just for the engine, but also the AWD system, brakes, and tires. For reference, the GTI manual only says 1,000 mi (1609km) for break-in, but it's a different engine platform.