GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drive train Strength?

Does anyone know how strong the R drivetrain is, axles, transmission, rear diff and driveshaft?

In terms of launching and 400awhp plus applications?

BongoML

Passed Driver's Ed
Actually I would be interested to know also...

why don't we make this info public?

waiting for experts to chime in on this!

TEFF

godfather
A friend of mine with an 485AWHP S3 8P has been going for 2 years to drag races. And had no problem. He has coilovers, toyo r888, wot box. And the transmission holds up pretty well. No

A friend of mine with an 485AWHP S3 8P has been going for 2 years to drag races. And had no problem. He has coilovers, toyo r888, wot box. And the transmission holds up pretty well. No

That's not bad how much are you putting down with your setup?

And aren't there guys in Europe with custom tunes doing 300awhp plus on the ko4?

TEFF

godfather
With K04 i had 370hp at engine, on my previous S3 8P i had 384Hp at engine. We don't have a good dyno to measure awd. We disconnect our haldex and then measure it. The guy with 485awhp S3 measured him in England at Silverstone. Now i have 460hp at engine

With K04 i had 370hp at engine, on my previous S3 8P i had 384Hp at engine. We don't have a good dyno to measure awd. We disconnect our haldex and then measure it. The guy with 485awhp S3 measured him in England at Silverstone. Now i have 460hp at engine

I see, the 485awhp s3 was a bigger turbo though? and stock internals?

What turbo are you running?