GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 + Intake mk6 vs 2004 r32 (not sure on mod lvl)

anotherfiz

Ready to race!
Had a fortuitous incident on Friday driving back to work from my lunch break in ashburn, VA.

Saw a beautiful DBP R32 about a half mile ahead of me, so i skipped my turn and followed for a bit... Wouldnt you know it, we ended up at a red light and got to talking, decided to have a little competition at the last minute... 15mph roll, essentially dead even. I think the r32 had me by a hair or so, but it was pretty awesome. 2nd gear 6800 rpm came so fast, but my shifts were on point and quick, probably the only reason i came close..

my car has stage 1 APR flash and carbonio stage 1 installed

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
He was most likely modded.

15 roll in a MKIV? If he was I doubt it was more than an intake. They are lighter and a hair faster than a MKV. MKV will beat a stage 1 from a dig; but usually get edged out from a roll so this sounds pretty much right on target.

Good race OP! Now go race him from a dig :thumbsup: :D

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Most well taken MK4's these days are running some kind of aftermarket turbo.

anotherfiz

Ready to race!

Its an mk4 r32, not a standard mk4 1.8T. If he was running any kind of forced induction it would not have been close at all i would imagine.. the mk4 r32 is a 3.2l 6cyl that produces 240bhp stock

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Valid point, its tough to say without seeing/hearing the car.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002

I would guess as below that you are thinking stock turbo upgrade. If this were a Force Inducted MKIV R32 then a stage 1 GTI would not stand a chance. Even the most basic FI solutions for the MKIV R32 put down over 260-270 WHP.

Its an mk4 r32, not a standard mk4 1.8T. If he was running any kind of forced induction it would not have been close at all i would imagine.. the mk4 r32 is a 3.2l 6cyl that produces 240bhp stock

Exactly. ;)

anotherfiz

Ready to race!
im so jealous of the r32 engine noise, the 2004 model was my dream car for a very long time. I just couldnt justify a used car that "old" when it came time to buy the mk6 gti. Though honestly, the 6mt in this car is so nice, and even with a few minor mods the power is great.. cant wait to see how the TBE feels / sounds in real life.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Wow didn't imagine an MK4 R32 would stand up to a Stage 1 GTI Mk6 FROM A ROLL.
My guess is the R32 has definitely some 15-20 additional hp of mods at least.
Nice race though:thumbsup:... very rare car the MK4 R32

Wow didn't imagine an MK4 R32 would stand up to a Stage 1 GTI Mk6 FROM A ROLL.
My guess is the R32 has definitely some 15-20 additional hp of mods at least.
Nice race though:thumbsup:... very rare car the MK4 R32

precisely! Stg1 GTI would run circles around an MK4 R32 all day long. heck, even stock one stands a great chance against an mk4 R32 on a roll.

anotherfiz

Ready to race!
really?

a 200hp 2.0T wins against a 240hp NA 3.2L V6? not on a hot day i would imagine...

I think people are still confusing the mk4 r32 3.2l @ 240hp v6 with either the mk4 1.8t @ 180hp or the mk4 vr6 @ 200hp

VR6growl's thoughts are more in line with my own, about the mk4 r32 being a decently fast beast out of the box

Last edited: