GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Foot well interior light issues. Plz help.

s14m31

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue. At night while driving the foot well lights light up real bright for a couple seconds then dim back down. It's driving me nuts. I took it to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong. They told me to bring it back if it happens again and they said they would give me a loaner till it was sorted out. Well it happened a couple more times . I called and set up a appointment. But they won't give me a loaner cause last week the dealer was just bought out by someone else. I don't have a second car and I'm not going to pay for a rental car. If this has happened to you please let me know . Thanks

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
Yeah I had the same issue. My problem was I spliced by footwells for my Boost gauge and it created an error in the ECU. It needs to be plugged in, scanned, and reset. Did you splice any of your electrical at all?

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
OK, if they already scanned it, and there are no errors, something else must be surging/overloading them. For me it would happen when I put it in reverse (reverse lights?) not too sure what else..

s14m31

OK, if they already scanned it, and there are no errors, something else must be surging/overloading them. For me it would happen when I put it in reverse (reverse lights?) not too sure what else..

It has done it when doing some spirited driving and it has done it when just sitting still.

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
Do they both do it at the same time or at random times?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i had that on my drivers footwell after i installed my led interior bulbs, unplugged it took out the bulb and took it back in plug and voila, no issues ever since

Spkr4thDeaD

Ready to race!
For me it happens too randomly (stock lights) to predict it and film it which is really the only chance to get the dealer to do something about it. Also, doesn't happen enough for me to care.

If it happens randomly it's probably a loose bulb. Anyone who's replaced the footwell bulbs with Red LED lights can attest to the bad design that holds the bulbs in place.