GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM V2 P2 inside

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Hey Everybody - I have something to share with you....We really appreciate all of your support, and understand this project has taken far longer than we had originally anticipated. There is no doubt you will be pleased with our production units.

V.2 Prototype - Fitment Confirmed ; Rigorous testing scheduled to presume and results will be shared as they are made available. I have some very informative test procedures put in place for this piece, aside from the benchmark testing (dyno, pulls etc)...

A key difference is the machined 6061 Aluminum inlet and outlet with properly chamfered ends as opposed to the previous cast elbow. We have also worked on the tooling for mounting locations which had proven to be quite challenging with multi-piece welded end tanks as opposed to cast units. There are a few other changes as compared to the pictures leaked a few months back.

This week has been really busy for us...taking the weekend off. Gaulk at this, post your questions, and we will get back with you all on Monday!

raaalph

Ready to race!

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome...Largest core on the market (we all no bigger isn't always better however), certainly capable of handling the output of the GTIs and Golf Rs as power continues to increase with turbo upgrades. Staggered and louvered fin pack, of course - bar and plate. CNC machined inlet and outlet as opposed to porous cast pieces, mulit-piece TIG welded aluminum end tanks. There are plenty more details if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

lilfleck - What do you want to know??

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Looks great. Would be interested how it compares to the stock intercooler and S3 intercooler (really all competitors) on a series of five WOT pulls.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Looks great. Would be interested how it compares to the stock intercooler and S3 intercooler (really all competitors) on a serious of five WOT pulls.

I have a few competitors' cores here ready for just that ;). I want to make you all well informed before making a purchase. Thanks for the kind words.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I would like to know the results of your testing! Making me hesitant on installing my R intercooler now...

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
Awesome news. Thats an amazing price for a performance intercooler. IN AZ it's so hot out here. This can really help with the turbo.

Figo1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I would like to see results as well, I'm in FL and shopping for one at the moment. Looks like an amazing product, now show us the #s :D

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
I have a few competitors' cores here ready for just that ;). I want to make you all well informed before making a purchase. Thanks for the kind words.

That's awesome! If I can offer some advice, please be as objective as possible with your test data. Even if it's not the best performing intercooler, that's ok. There is often a trade-off between cost and performance, and I think most of us realize that. A small difference in cooling performance may not warrant $300+ in cost :)