GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock 11 6MT GTI v. Newer Mazdaspeed 3

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
my friend drives a mazda 3. he's currently building for his third turbo. (he's going big turbo now)

it is quick and for some reason i don't know how to drive it (i'm VERY familiar with driving all sorts of high end performance cars but this one is way too jumpy/touchy in first.)

D-Rick21

Ready to race!
my friend drives a mazda 3. he's currently building for his third turbo. (he's going big turbo now)

it is quick and for some reason i don't know how to drive it (i'm VERY familiar with driving all sorts of high end performance cars but this one is way too jumpy/touchy in first.)

Haha 1st gear is pretty much useless besides just getting going from a dead stop. The gears are so short you almost want to start in 2nd sometimes. I do wish the speed3 had a little bit longer gearing. I guess it's just one of those cars that you have to get used to the clutch/tranny when coming from certain other cars.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I had a run in with a mazdaspeed 3 otw home tonight. He flew by me and then we met at a light a little ways down the road, we took off on green and figuring i was going to get smoked i gave as much throttle as i could in first without spinning the tires (traction control was still on but never engaged). I ended up shifting early around 4500 rpms, and he had about 1.5 cars on me. But once i hit 2nd i caught his rear bumper, then after 3rd had a half car on him, we got to about 90 and some traffic forced us to end it early. We talked at next light and he said he was stock and almost shithimself when I said I was as well. Starting to get a feeling these speed3s may be a bit overrated. Not trying to jack the thread but figured it was related....flame on!

veedubj011

Ready to race!
No one is going to believe this anyway..because the people on this forum some how have no idea how fast their cars are.. but ive raced numerous mazdaspeed3's, of the older gen, and i have killed every single one of them. They are limited in first and second and, even in third+, they dont pull as hard as our cars. I was beaten by one. He had a full turbo-back, intake, inlet, a blow off, and an access port. i had him in all of second and part of third and then he jumped to about a car and a half. He was amazed that i stayed that close. And yes, he was a good driver. Im stock by the way.

rossman869

Figured I would add to this post since it's similar in nature. Last night while driving home a new (no plates yet even) MS3 pulls up and enages me on the then empty freeway. My 3 month old MKVI is completely stock by the way. What an adrenalin rush nonetheless... but I topped out at our limited 130 mph and I just knew he was egging me on since they aren't limited till 155. Proud nonetheless of my boy for holding his own all the way to the top. I think a nice Xmas gift to him should be an APR flash to start!