GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZNWHIP's 2011 CW Mk6 TDI Build Thread

AZN_C300

Ready to race!

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
I have the Rieger front. So you are going to wrap the whole thing in real CF? Not just the center piece? In for pics for sure!

for the front, just gonna wrap the sword. The rest of the bumper will be left color matched. Basically any piece that was that CF look piece will be wrapped in real CF.

Project will have to wait till after SEMA though as they're swamped with work.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
for the front, just gonna wrap the sword. The rest of the bumper will be left color matched. Basically any piece that was that CF look piece will be wrapped in real CF.

Project will have to wait till after SEMA though as they're swamped with work.

Makes sense. I don't really love my cf-look sword. I was gonna go with Rieger cf diffuser. Does that not look real on yours?

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Makes sense. I don't really love my cf-look sword. I was gonna go with Rieger cf diffuser. Does that not look real on yours?

Does it not look real? Just don't look too closely lol. For some I guess the Cf-look is good enough, but I'm kinda anal about it and just doesn't pass muster for me. If you're looking to get your sword wrapped, let me know, you could ship it here and get it wrapped along with mine. The sword would only be around $100 to wrap. In Florida, I also work with Euroteck who sponsors the CF parts for my MB. I could get you their contact to see if they'd be willing to wrap your sword as well.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Does it not look real? Just don't look too closely lol. For some I guess the Cf-look is good enough, but I'm kinda anal about it and just doesn't pass muster for me. If you're looking to get your sword wrapped, let me know, you could ship it here and get it wrapped along with mine. The sword would only be around $100 to wrap. In Florida, I also work with Euroteck who sponsors the CF parts for my MB. I could get you their contact to see if they'd be willing to wrap your sword as well.

Nice! Appreciate that. Man I should have bought the non cf one to start with. I decided at the end to not go Rieger on the diffuser. Went with something from China (see my page post #27, looks real good)

Will pm you on the sword.

Last edited:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Nice! Appreciate that. Man I should have bought the non cf one to start with. I decided at the end to not go Rieger on the diffuser. Went with something from China (see my page post #27, looks real good)

Will pm you on the sword.

One other thing. Could you post a close up of your Rieger front where it is attached to the bumper? The part you can see up against the bumper. Want to see how others are attaching. My guy wants to use 2sided tape.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
One other thing. Could you post a close up of your Rieger front where it is attached to the bumper? The part you can see up against the bumper. Want to see how others are attaching. My guy wants to use 2sided tape.

Yeah, I'll see about getting some close up of the installed front sword. I wouldn't use double sided tape though. It was meant to be bolted on.

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
Man you got your self a sick ride!! Well, I also fell in love with the Merc :wub:

5 Stars for this thread from me :wosschilder980:

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Here's what pics I could take. As you can see, we only used the two center bolts holes. The outer ones is kind of overkill and not necessary.

Thanks. Sorry, I was actually talking about the part where it attaches to wheel well and lower bumper, not the sword. Sword, i am OK on how it is attached.

Like here(sorry to post pics of my own car on your page):

Attachments

• after body work_close up.jpg
    after body work_close up.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited: