GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Unitronic Chipped 2.0TSI Thread!

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
These are very impressive numbers. I like how easy it is to get all the info on the site and that you actually posted real dyno sheets.

These are crank numbers right? (referring to the first post and the website as well)

mk62011

Ready to race!
hey steve it's o2slick from motrealracing the one asking for 2011 gti chip =) gona see you tmw night at dix30!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
These are very impressive numbers. I like how easy it is to get all the info on the site and that you actually posted real dyno sheets.

These are crank numbers right? (referring to the first post and the website as well)

Thank you, we appreciate that! For us, the client's web experience is very important.

Yes, these are crank numbers!

twisted by dezign1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a Unitronic Stage 2 HPFP tune on my MkV. It's great stuff - you can't go wrong with Unitronic IMO.

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Where are Locations near Concord ca that you offer stage 1+ tunes??

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Your 2.0L TSI is flashed with Unitronic? Don't be shy to post your impressions in this page! This greatly helps the ones who wants to get informed about the product and what better than feedback from people who actually tried it!

You can also find and post testimonials in our website: http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/tuning/testimonials.html

Last edited:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Greek, Drive Magazine tested Carwork's Unitronic Chipped GTI and was blown away by the results! Enjoy!

Test Drive: CarWorks GTI MK6

FIRESTARTER

The very first Unitronic tuned mk6 GTI we tested makes its presence known by breaking the chronometers!

We have tested many TFSI tuned vehicles. Until today, we had never seen any real significant solution or difference from the other tuning companies, especially on the new engine platforms available through VAG and distinctively those with the TSI emblem.

Their differences are more than what one could guess or fathom. The new Bosch Motronic MED17.5 ECU was proving to be a big obstacle for many tuners around the world. This was not an issue for Unitronic Chipped!

MORE THAN JUST CHIPPED

The Canadian based company specializes in programming engine platforms within VAG, which stretch from Seat, Skoda, Opel all the way to Porsche.
Performance and reliability are tested and proven in their privately owned Engine Dynamometer just like the real Automakers. The philosophy is to make improvements that do not spoil the character of the car.

This exactly was the purpose of Petros Nousis of CarWorks for the white VW GTI. All luxury options installed from the factory, ranging from full leather seats/ sunroof package and the amazing DSG transmission combined with the DCC intelligent adaptive chassis. It is very obvious that this GTI is a no-compromise vehicle. Instead of going only for the ECU upgrade, Petros moved the project a step further. He replaced the stock turbo (K03) with turbo from Audi S3 (K04). A Eurojet Racing intercooler was added, which is rated for up to 600hp, but does not cause pressure drops even at lower power levels. The intercooler installs in the OEM location, taking its exact place, using even the stock bolt positions, this required no modification at all. Thus it was chosen as the best option. Throttle body pipe is from BSH and is the “True Seal” intake, along with the Larger Diverter Valve that is used in place of stock electronic one.

The exhaust is taken care by a full 76mm BlueFlame system, with 100cpi race cat and two mufflers. A necessary addition on TFSI/TSI engines is the Oil Catch Can system. Due to direct injection on the engine there is no fuel to drop and clean the intake ports and valves, so oil fumes return and remain on intake valves. A BSH Competition series catch-can system was installed.

The job of sewing this all together was handled by Unitronic Chipped. The ECU was tuned to maximize efficiency and guarantee perfect usability and long term reliability of the drivetrain. The ECU was flashed through the Direct-Port leaving the ECU still installed in the vehicle, while flashing through the Onboard Diagnostic Port.

Turbo boost can spike as high as 1.45bar. Though due to the inherent design of the turbo and to maximize efficiency and cool intake charges, boost would be not more than 1bar after 5,000rpm. You can see more details in the Dyno box later on.

In reality, what is amazing is the rate at which the engine accelerates with a steady pace up to redline.

RECORD BREAKER

We took the GTI to a straight road where we do all our testing and measurements, we were in for a good surprise!

Car seemed strong, but going for VBOX measurements without having done the dyno previously, we did not know exactly what to expect.

Finally, whatever our expectations where, they were too little, since CARWORKS’s GTI simply broke our chronometers!!

Without any drama at all, without any special effort, our 0-100km/h measurement stopped at the very impressive 5.3 second and the rest of our measurements continued to amaze us!
400m in 13.5 seconds and 1000m in 24.2 seconds.
Our excitement was later verified in our offices, after studying older measurements on other tunes.This GTI, is the fastest front wheel drive vehicle we have ever measured!!!

Until today, the title belonged to Seat Leon Cupra by Cargate back from 2008, with 5.7 seconds, 13.8 seconds and 24.3seconds respectively. So we took the car out again and did more testing, the GTI’s domination continued!

From 80-110km/h in 3rd gear it takes 1.9 seconds (Leon 2.0sec); from 110-140km/h in 4th gear 2.7 sec vs. (Leon 3.0 sec). To note CARWORKS states times are going to be improved after Unitronic finishes the new DSG programming on the DQ500.

If we compare the numbers not to our previous Champ, but to a stock GTI, the differences are disturbing! For example, 60-160km/h time has fallen from a Stock 12.9 seconds to Unitronic’s 8.3 seconds, that’s more than 4 seconds!

The stock GTI propels itself from 80-100km/h in 3rdgear in 3.3 seconds and from 110-140km/h in 4thgear 4.8 seconds. The stock GTI comparatively, is very slow, with numbers like 7.1 seconds, 15.0 seconds and 27.1 seconds respectively on the 0-100km/h, 0-400m and 0-1000m.

When driving calm, the engine never feels like its laboring to generate any sort of power, even showed very smooth acceleration in low rpms, while driving in high gear withnot much pressure on gas pedal, it felt very responsive. According to Petros, in everyday use, the car achieves lower fuel consumption than a stock GTI.

The very good handling of GTI in all sorts of roads and conditions has not been hindered in any way to note! Even with all electronic traction systems turned off, the GTI had no problem coping with everything we threw at it. Only when exiting very tight curves in full throttle at around 2,500-3,000rpm power comes strong and some exercised caution is needed and recommended. But with electronic stability systems on, there is absolutely nothing that would trouble you while you accelerate with the highest possible rate from one corner to another.

All this performance from CARWORKS’s GTI comes without the slightest disturbance of noise coming from the exhaust or intake. The exhaust system has a sweet and sporty note and is very enjoyable mashing throttle, but when cruising on the highway it produces no sound at all. If anything, you will be annoyed by aerodynamic wind noise and then by lack of exhaust noise!

The electronically controlled DCC suspension has not yet been subjected to any improvement, along with the stock 17” wheels it makes for a very smooth ride. In “comfort mode” really is great for the long haul and bumpy roads.

IT DOES IT ALL

CARWORKS did not have an easy mission.
This GTI’ setup needed to be fast but at the same time comfortable, economic and enjoyable especially on long road trips.

What they came up with is simply the fastest front wheel drive car we have ever measured. Regular usage it consumes less than stock with the slight hindrance to comfort or drivability. Something tells us they DELIVERED!!!

Last edited:

BeauG

Ready to race!
I was really hoping to go with a uni tune on my '11. Sadly it would seem you guys are behind the game getting your '11 software out. Any idea on release? I'm getting my APR Stg II this weekend unless I hear a release date coming soon.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
I was really hoping to go with a uni tune on my '11. Sadly it would seem you guys are behind the game getting your '11 software out. Any idea on release? I'm getting my APR Stg II this weekend unless I hear a release date coming soon.

I would lie if I provide you a date we couldn't deliver. We're aiming to get everything wrapped up before summer but we can't be more specific at this point. If your still not chipped by the day we release the 2011 tunes, make sure to contact us ;)

Ryan741

Passed Driver's Ed
Unitronic;

I don't understand why you guys are always the last to release the software. I feel like this is a very competitive market and customer loyalty can only last for so long. I do understand that you guys want to make sure that the files are perfect and complete without any bugs and such but damn, everyone else has their tune out but you guys keep staling.

I've seen a bunch of people say that because you guys have been waiting to release the files that they have swtiched to other companys, and frankly I don't blame them. I've emailed,called,pmd about specific tunes and it comes to a point now where I don't even get any customer service, no one replies or even gives me the time of day to explain what actually is happening other then "stay tuned". I don't want to come off rude here but in this market I would imagine you guys would do everything you can to stay up to date with everyone else.

I too am one of the fools waiting for my file, I've got the k04 file and I'm about to pull the trigger on just going with GIAC. The only reason is because I've had this damn turbo for about a month and its just sitting in my closet collecting dust and waiting for you guys to release the tune. Like I said, customer loyalty is the only reason I have waited so far, I am more then happy with my previous tunes but damn, at least give people some sort of dates then just keeping us in the dark.

Once again, I'm not bitching, flaming, or anything on that sort I am a unitronic customer, and I feel like I should get some solid answers that consist of more then "stay tuned for the tune".

Thanks.