GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5l turbo build help thread

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Came upon a turbo kit that I'm picking up Saturday. T3t4 turbo with blow off, manifold, oil lines, and hook ups. I need a downpipe or connection to my test pipe. Any suggestions? Can I just use a downpipe from a gti? Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!

Sorry for shitty pic quality

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
IDK it looks low quality to me, it's in the same league as this cheapo turbo Kit for the 2.5 Jetta that always pops up.
http://www.hansautoparts.com/25TurboKitDescription.aspx

With the so called blow off valve (Black part connected to the Manifold) even clear the hood once the manifold is mounted? In our cars, clearance is a big packaging problem, so make sure you are OK before you buy or be stuck with it.

Attachments

• Turbokit.jpg
    Turbokit.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
IDK it looks low quality to me, it's in the same league as this cheapo turbo Kit for the 2.5 Jetta that always pops up.

http://www.hansautoparts.com/25TurboKitDescription.aspx

With the so called blow off valve (Black part connected to the Manifold) even clear the hood once the manifold is mounted? In our cars, clearance is a big packaging problem, so make sure you are OK before you buy or be stuck with it.

It should clear. If not I can set up a diverter and that should take less space.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
The exhaust manifold looks cheap and a bit small, are you sure it's for a 5 cylinders ? Is there an other pipe ? I think the actual pipe is just a pipe for atmospheric dump and it looks like a external wastegaste. There is probably an another pipe which goes from the turbo exhaust housing to the downpipe, you will probably need some custom pipe work.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
The exhaust manifold looks cheap and a bit small, are you sure it's for a 5 cylinders ? Is there an other pipe ? I think the actual pipe is just a pipe for atmospheric dump and it looks like a external wastegaste. There is probably an another pipe which goes from the turbo exhaust housing to the downpipe, you will probably need some custom pipe work.

I'll take more pics this Saturday

davserbic

Ready to race!
Oooh, I've seen this guy selling this kit for a bit — was always curious but never took a chance on it. VERY curious to see what you find.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Oooh, I've seen this guy selling this kit for a bit — was always curious but never took a chance on it. VERY curious to see what you find.
Lol, our 2.5 engines running so rich installing the Hans turbo probably wouldn't even need much of a tune.

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Do think I might just be able to use a gti downpipe?

red_stapler

Ready to race!
Do think I might just be able to use a gti downpipe?

Maybe? It depends on if that manifold puts the turbo's downpipe flange in the same location as where it would be on a GTI. Unless the turbo is speficially made to match a GTI downpipe, you'd probably have to cut the GTI flange off the downpipe and weld on one that matches the turbo.

Last edited:

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Maybe? It depends on if that manifold puts the turbo's downpipe flange in the same location as where it would be on a GTI. Unless the turbo is speficially made to match a GTI downpipe, you'd probably have to cut the GTI flange off the downpipe and weld on one that matches the turbo.

All I want is some psssshhhhh

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!
Haha easier said than done with these 2.5's. Have you reached out to Josh Hannabass on Novadubs?

No, has good info?

Vikingsloth1

Ready to race!