GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sadly thread for those who had moved on ;<

mortis

Ready to race!
A guy came to our Toyota dealership to purchase a car, then he remembered that Toyota was made in Japan. His words were "I'm not buying no 'insert racial slur' car! I look outside at the VW Jetta he drove up in and told him that the US also fought the Germans in WWI and WWII. Jack-off said, "boy, Germans are white like me! That's different from the nips". Quoting a like from the great poet Martin Lawrence, "Sir, you don't have to leave, but you gotta get the hell out of here... get to stepping". I got written up, but I enjoyed pissing off that old bastard.

Purie

Passed Driver's Ed
Hum sorry for the late reply. I've been in new York for vacation.

Briefly, GTI was my first car and I'll never forget her. I was pretty inexperienced at the time and got some problem with the understeer, and had at least once wrecked it badly. But I've always dreamed of installing APR STG III to the car, until I realized FWD has its limit for the power.

Differently, I liked how 135 looked although so many people hated it. I think its look is totally a "love or hate" matter. People either like it or hate it. That said, it's rwd, so for sure I had some fun with it esp. in rainy days. However, I owned it relatively short (2 months), so I probably hadn't spent enough time with it to fully understand a RWD. I did limited mod on it, too. Basically, a piggyback and a SSK. Pricey for sure as it's a BMW (hidden cost everywhere, as you can interpret from their online car build). But I'm going to miss it the least, cuz of the interior out of my liking and it being my only used car so far. But that I6TT was definitely a charming engine, as well as it's exshaust note, unlike my current S4's baby cry... Oh btw another reason I switched the 135 so fast was due to an expected HPFP failure. I was experiencing long cranking time often and some engine light, which were reported to be a almost definite sign of repeated HPFP failure in the near future. And according to 135 owners, once you got into the HPFP issue, you won't get out of it. It tends to fail repeatedly once the it hits you the first time.

Besides all those reason, I had enough fun with a RWD. Sure some people can't get enough of all those fun that comes exclusively with RWD, but I prefer a better power transition from the engine to the pavent and other road surfaces. I hate when I try to catch a STI on a slightly wet road, when my 135 starts to burn the tire and lose its faith in keeping going straight in the front wheels, you know. I felt it too much power for a small RWD car, but might be right for an M3 ;)

So I finally got an AWD and got a feeling of staying in rails. I don't care all those BMWers yelling how little fun is about AWD. I want to start quick, turn quick, AND start quick under any condition ;) And now I can have a full plan to keep boosting its power without worrying about radical power loss.

I'd say 135 was more appealing than GTI but not the S4, but hey I'm biased to AWD. And if you let me choose between 135i and a R20, I'd go R20 all the way, mainly because it's AWD and 2.0T and its interior. Ye right, BMWs interior is not my type. And VAG's MFD beats BMW's on board display in every aspects except for the clean look per BMW lovers. But why the hell do I want the on board display look clean and lose all those informations and functions! Just gotta admit that sometimes simpleness is not all that matters, because it become over simpleness, i.e. tattiness...

Woops got excited and typed too many words... Hope this is the kind of opinion you wanted lol

Yeah it was, thanks. I've never owned a rwd car before and the 135i w/ bmw option financing is very compelling. My problem though is what you stated, reliability and cost of modding. I've been warned of modding bmw's by a couple of my friends (1 an owner and another a bmw mechanic). And like I stated before since we have no option for the Golf-R, the Evo X was my best choice in my budget. I so wish it came w/ the Audi interior or even like the GTI but this car is by far the funnest and most rewarding car I have ever driving.

If I could of afforded an S4 I'm not sure if would, I don't think I can get past it's size and when we get the Golf-R I am very concerned with the non-defeatable TC. After I lowered my Evo I have to turn the TC all the way off, otherwise it comes in so much sooner then stock and if this is the case w/ the Golf-R then we'll never get out of understeer :(

Have you seen the coming up BMW 1M coupe? So far it looks like it's gonna be a monster.

csmkv

Speeder
Yep just read the news about the 1M, looks like it's been confirmed on 1addicts.com

However, even on 1-series, i think 135i came with way too much power than it could handled. Like many members suggested on the forum, the first thing you should do on a 135 is nothing but suspension / chassis / tires. It just cannot handle that much power and push very easily in corners. I'm sure this 1M will be really fast, but you will have to spend whole lot of time to investigate how to make these power controllable.