GOLFMKV

State of the Board/Moderation Update

Uberryan

Banned

So uhh..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Bumping this thread.

Just a reminder to everyone, we do NOT tolerate blatant rude behavior to other members or Trolling.

You will receive one warning and will be banned for following offenses. We make it our best interest to accommodate everyone, however, treating others in such a manner does not fly in real life, so don't think it will here.

We understand the internet is serious business, but we also know people get hurt regardless.

Thank you.

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
I agree it would be a good idea to sticky this at the top of every sub-forum for a while (that's how many other forums make announcements they want everyone to see, though it can go too far).

I'd suggest doing it since this is the first time I've seen this thread (and I never go into OT, some people just don't).

Just a suggestion, because I agree with the sentiment of this thread! Thanks!

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
I made a.thread asking if anyone has tried the ebay CF mirrior caps & it was promptly removed. Did I violate some rule that I'm unaware of ?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

JC8588

Ready to race!
@danielj
I know this has nothing to do with the current topic, but was just reminded of this while I was reading the comments above.
I'm selling a euro switch w/ auto option, but I placed it in the "Interior" Thread. Can you please move it over to the "Electronics" thread?

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
In many other forums, it is strictly regulated. Examples: you must have a certain amount of posts to post a FS thread.....

FWIW - I think that's an excellent idea. Currently, the first four FS threads in the Wheels and tires section have OPosters with: 1; 4; 27; and 40 total posts respectively. I appreciate the opportunity to see what some of these folks have to offer, but frankly I thought the idea of the forum FS section was for members to buy and sell amongst themselves. Someone coming in here, registering, throwing a FS add up and then hitting the trail after the sale seems to go against the spirit of what this whole thread is trying to establish, IMHO.

A_Bowers

FWIW - I think that's an excellent idea. Currently, the first four FS threads in the Wheels and tires section have OPosters with: 1; 4; 27; and 40 total posts respectively. I appreciate the opportunity to see what some of these folks have to offer, but frankly I thought the idea of the forum FS section was for members to buy and sell amongst themselves. Someone coming in here, registering, throwing a FS add up and then hitting the trail after the sale seems to go against the spirit of what this whole thread is trying to establish, IMHO.

We are currently discussing having certain rules/regulations on newly registered members (with post counts from 0-15). Just to help out with the multiple threads and things like that.

We will keep this updates.

NEOHMark

Ready to race!
We are currently discussing having certain rules/regulations on newly registered members (with post counts from 0-15). Just to help out with the multiple threads and things like that.

We will keep this updates.

Thank you. Appreciate the feedback...

FWIW - I wasn't real happy when I 'cracked' on a couple guys for coming into the forum - half their posts were being 'bumps' in their own FS threads - and obviously their FIRST post was the FS ad itself. Somehow, *I* became the bad guy when I brought that fact up.

I'm thrilled you're reconsidering the spirit & rules of the noobs' privileges.

Last edited:

kbuddha

Ready to race!
Thank you. Appreciate the feedback...

FWIW - I wasn't real happy when I 'cracked' on a couple guys for coming into the forum - half their posts were being 'bumps' in their own FS threads - and obviously their FIRST post was the FS ad itself. Somehow, *I* became the bad guy when I brought that fact up.

I'm thrilled you're reconsidering the spirit & rules of the noobs' privileges.

Agreed with this.. Whats stopping some newb from coming in, taking our money and never sending the product etc.

Thanks for looking after forums Mods.. I used to manage a ton of Forums in the past, and you all are doing a good job!

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Looks like mods are cleaning up the General area and moving posts around :eek:

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
I just noticed not one of the mods actually drives a gti or golf.

The mods of golfmk6.com do not drive a golf mk6? Wtf

That needs to change

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
I just noticed not one of the mods actually drives a gti or golf.

The mods of golfmk6.com do not drive a golf mk6? Wtf

That needs to change

I suggest you buy them the cars then. I checked on a few of their cars and all drive VW's just not MKVI. I don't see the correlation between moderation and owning a specific car. Moderation is about enforcing rules.