GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Samuusha's Big Red - First timer!

samuusha

here's a response to your list of plans in bold:

•Neuspeed P Flo intake - oiled filter save your money, more significant upgrades first, intakes are pretty much useless on stock tune

•GFB DV+ (not sure which DV version I have currently, plan to find out later)
save your money, more significant upgrades first if its not the shitty diaphragm one

•Neuspeed turbo outlet pipe save your money, more significant upgrades first

•Rear wiper plug for the looks whatever floats your boat

My though process was to just get more airflow for the car so I can begin bigger upgrades right away, maybe make the car a bit more fun to drive.

My plans for the future are:

•Boost Guage definitely recommended, useful

•Lowering springs or coilovers (unsure of brand, type, etc.) for looks or performance? if performance go with rear sway bar first

•Downpipe (unsure of brand) if you only plan on going stage 1, save your money and just get catback exhaust

•Intercooler setup? save your money unless your pushing the car in hot temps and if you're sticking with stage 1 or 2 just upgrade to S3 intercooler

•APR Stage 1 tune best bang for buck power upgrade

Thanks for the feedback! I get where you're coming from with start with significant upgrades first. I was thinking that at first too but I've only had the car for a month and still wanted to keep it stockish for a little while and first parts would be easy bolt ons that will benefit me later on (I would want to purchase them later anyway). I did up my priority for the boost gauge probably getting one soon. Thanks for the exhaust/suspension tips, I am going for performance and looks just come with it haha.

"•~{Samuusha}~•"

samuusha

From my similar thread. Same feedback.

On stock the intake will only add sound no real performance until you get stage 1.

Since you live in IL, IC would only help in summer while stock. I'd wait till you're tuned. If stage 2 S3 intercooler I've heard might not be enough. Its a great budget option for stage 1.

If going with sways rear first then plan to upgrade the front as well with subframe collar kit and dogbone mount from my research it really changes the handling for the better.

As for springs or coilovers you might benefit from coils more because you could adjust them for winter vs summer tires and snow as I've seen here on the forums. Where as for me in CA spring and strut combo is all I need as I don't get snow.

Another cool mod I'd thought id mention is the trunk pop kit. So when you push the trunk button on your fob the trunk pops open.

Also cheap mod LED upgrade to the interior lights I thought was a good value for the cost.

Last but not least remember if your going to increase the power you'll want to be able to stop faster when needed so don't skimp on your brakes pads and the brake stiff kit is a great sub $200 mod to get better brake performance.

Also make sure you equip the right tires for the occasion and check their pressure occasionally.

Have a look at the "So you want to mod your GTI" sticky by Grambles for some great ideas and brand names.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback! I was just starting to think about brakes so I'll start looking into upgrading them soon. Where would the interior leds be used? Lighting is always a fun mod. I do like that trunk pop idea thanks! I'll definitely be looking into the suspension stuff deeper when I plan to start it so thanks for the head start on what to look for!

"•~{Samuusha}~•"

samuusha

Put in a Black Forest Industries shift knob feels awesome! Love the red color matching too [emoji594] I've also installed some other parts pics coming soon!