GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LiLonespaz Build Thread

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Love feedback from you guys if you want. Last Edited on Feb. 11th 2016

I wont be editing my first post so scroll through the entire thread for all updates on the ride.
*Edit Ill link page numbers or post numbers to make it easier (once i get past the first page or two)
First of all lets show why I bought a GTi in the first place...
My 1994 Volvo slid and hit a guardrail on ramp to the highway in the rain.

by DTyndalPhotography, on Flickr
please excuse the # if you can see them(was uploaded to instagram and linked to flickr)

Now here is my 2011 Candy White DSG 3-Door!

and another shot

Ill add more to this as i do more and when i get pics

Updated 10/26/2017

Future Mods List
1. Wheels (BLQ or RSE10/12s)
2. Big FMIC Most likely Unitronic
3. Coil Overs
4. DSG Tune

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
CTS TURBO INTAKE

So i bought a CTS intake after having the car for about 1500 miles...
Love it! especially the sound, Whoosh :]

I unfortunately don't have any pics of installing it but its pretty straight forward, I'm not completely dumb when it comes to mechanical stuff but this seemed rather easy besides the DAMN stock clips on the turbo inlet hose!

The packaging from USP Motorsports(around 50-100 miles from me) so why order from CTS(located in Canada) was good a large box all parts were bubble warped and had the entire box filled with those peanut things!

I feel more responsive but it could be a placebo effect..
Fuel economy stayed the same roughly
First 1500 miles with stock intake averaged around 24.5mpg
(I'm heavy footed plus its a new car)
After +1000 miles with the CTS intake im averaging 25.2mpg

I did do a hard reset? of the ecu as in disconecting the negative on the battery and kicking it into learning mode.

Here's a pic of it installed

Build quality is awesome the welds look spot on and everything is sturdy!
However the original bolt they give you is far to small and wiggled its way off and lost after 100 miles or so...
It wasn't that big of a deal to me as i had the stock bolt and it was about 3 times the length and way more secure!

I would recommend using the Stock bolt/washer with it

Here is another more of the cone filter

Overall I am vary pleased with it!
Also its a huge bargain at only $299!

I highly recommend it over those stage one and two intakes... why spend double the money for it when you can get a single piece... just my opinion though, obviously nothing wrong with the other intakes!

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
side markers

The other day I bought (still need to pay him actually) some clear side markers from a buddy who got body color ones..
they make the front end look way better than it did with the original orange ones!
Does anyone have a recommendation on cheap clear(like white) lights for it so there isn't a amber color coming from it...
Here is a pic of em installed...

Speaking of install took literally 1 minute... maybe 2 tops... just pop the old ones out and pop these in.
But yeah any opinions on cheap white bulbs for the side markers and also the city light? That sits in the high beam housing...
trying to get a uniform color in the front well as close to one as possible

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Battery

The other day my car acted like it didn't wanna start..
after leaving work i came home and in the morning
it was dead and wouldn't start.

VW had tried charging my friend $250+ for a replacement,
i didnt even bother going to them and just went to my local advanced.

Anyways here's the new battery.. at 130 not bad
with high rating than stock. Also a 5 year
replacement warranty isn't bad!

The cover is a little tighter now as the replacment is
1 1/2" longer and 1/2" wider but it does fit and closes!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Great start, keep it going!
Thank you :]
Im thinking of doing a 42DD downpipe and APR stage 2 tune. But that wont be for a couple months, i need to put together the finances

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Did I meet you once at the AutoZone in Ormond? Car is coming along great btw!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Did I meet you once at the AutoZone in Ormond? Car is coming along great btw!

Yes you did haha. Sorry it took so long to reply almost forgot about this thread.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Someone hit my car in a parking lot.
Around a foot long scratch and dent on my drivers door. :/
Body shop early estimate was just under $400...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Haven't updated this in awhile so here is a pic of my Continental Extreme Contact DW tires i got on about 3k miles ago. Will be updating soon with big things :] Maybe bigger turbo included stay posted.

The tires are great. A huge increase over the Kumhos that the car came with when i bough it. I used to spin in 2nd gear on the Kumhos, now I dont even spin in wet conditions on the Conti DW. I love them. They are decently priced i think i paid like $700 installed with Certificates for repair/replace.

I recommend them if you dont want to shell out for Pilot Super Sports. Ill let you know how they hold up when a FrankenTurbo goes in.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Had to swap filter on the CTS intake. It was dirty as fuck non cleanable or reusable.. They wanted like $45 plus shipping for their filter... so i bought a AEM dry-flow filter Part number 21-2027D-HK. It was a lot bigger than i thought it would be. But it fits with a little extra effort and its pushed against the CTS tray so its nice and snug but it works.

Here is a pic of the old CTS filter vs the new installed AEM.

New filter alternate angle

Obligatory dirty engine bay pic

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed a Beluga Catback on my car.

http://belugaracing.com/product/vw-...igh-performance-light-weight-catback-exhaust/

Got it shipped for 349.99 came in about 4 business days. I ordered on Friday received it around 3pm Wednesday.

Ill upload some pics of it when i get home from work.

This sounds nice has a decent rumble with a nice DSG fart when your really on it. This is mated up to the stock downpipe.

It bolted up perfectly everything fit 100% and was right where it needed. I cant notice anything off with the tail pipe. But to me fitment was 100%.
The welds looked good and strong. Nothing sloppy. Clamps were decent.

The only thing i might do is have the tailpipes tac welded on as right now they are clamped on.

Awesome piece.