GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CEL P2294 - Fuel Pressure Regulator

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
What wiring harness did tap your subwoofer into? What wiring did you w/m tap into.

Details Details Details.

Subwoofer? For power, goes straight to the battery through a fuse; for signal, a have an LOC behind the deck, tapping the rear speaker I believe. I've had the sub for a year; doubt it would all of a sudden cause an error now?

For the W/M, no idea. Part of me giving this job to a shop was for piece of mind (and it did look like a complicated install), so I'm hoping they did the right thing.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
The reason I ask is Bender and I were discussing this issue about a month ago and he had some very good ideas of possible root causes.

Tell me more about any electrical stuff oyu've done to your car, preferrably from the B-Pillar Back.

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
which W/M kit did you get?

Snow Performance Stage 2. The shop says the only thing he touched in the car electrics-wise is in the fuse box (inside the engine) - he attached the controller to one of the fuses. He thinks it could be then that there might be something in 2012's that senses the amount of voltage going through and triggers the fault (he's done the same process on older cars).

He asked me to try this out, but I don't have the car with me right now. Does this sound plausible?

f00kie1

Go Kart Champion
Alright, false panic, I think. Thanks to ElsaWin, I figured out that the water/meth control module was getting power from the fuse that was responsible for the Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve. I disconnected the cable from the fuse, set my tune to 93 octane, and the EPC/Check Engine lights disappeared.

I trust the shop in saying they've always wired it to the particular fuse, so something must have changed on MY2012.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
Sorry to bump but I got p0088 and p2293 I didn't get limp mode, all 13 pages of this were a good read. stage 2 since like 6,000 miles im at around 8.5 right now and I had the code thrown around 7.8.

I disconnected my battery to clear the light and see if I could replicate it running in stock mode and it hasn't popped up since, I'm not sure about p0088 though because I think that was a soft code my dealer found.

was the ecu change the end all solution? i'm getting ready to flash back to stock and put on the stock downpipe/midpipe just so if and when it pops up again within the next 24,000 miles vw pays for it and not me.

you got it reflashed, have you seen it again?

Bender1

Banned
I had to get the ECU replaced and unfortunately you will likely pay for it. If it comes back (which I hate to say, it will) they will do a hard scan of your ECU, see that it was modified, and its your coin.

Fingers crossed your experience is different than mine.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
I have a geico warranty, if the dealer isn't an asshole and just reports it is fried I can get a new one included labor done for 250 dollars out of my pocket instead of what did you pay 1.5?

I am about to install a trigger wire for parking lights so I will be using my friends vagcom to code it, I'll take the opportunity to look at any softcodes thrown since I haven't gotten a light from p2293 again.

Also you went into limp mode right? What happened with Allset?

I'm also curious what the difference between p2294 and p2293 is because they are both fuel pressure regulator codes

HMFI

So I have had this very experience in the last week p2294, p2217, p1195, p2279.. installed new HPFP, o2 sensors, new fuel filters, had ECU checked.. all checked out same codes checked wiring harness from ECU to Hpfp all checked good.. in the end APR came through sent them the logs they asked for.. I was advised to replace the D-clip and connectors.. next is 10 sec gti

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
So I have had this very experience in the last week p2294, p2217, p1195, p2279.. installed new HPFP, o2 sensors, new fuel filters, had ECU checked.. all checked out same codes checked wiring harness from ECU to Hpfp all checked good.. in the end APR came through sent them the logs they asked for.. I was advised to replace the D-clip and connectors.. next is 10 sec gti

Can you please explain more about the d - clips and connectors ? I'm dealing with the same thing now, and it sucks SO bad

Sebastian89

Ready to race!
Tore into the harness pulled the ecu and it seems like I am getting continuity throughout both the red/green and brown/purple all the way to ecu, BUT, the connector in the back of the fan by the drivers headlight gives me continuity from two wires to three different wires at the ecu.
Help me out guys, h2oi is creeping fast! E-beers on me! Or if I see u at h2oi u can choose your poison ;)

ruanj0302

Ready to race!
My car doesn't start this morning and found out that i have same code P2294. i had APR stage 2 tune since i have car around 6000 miles, now it is about 75k miles, any suggestion what should i check??