GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tjasko's Golf R Build

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
ithrashmotors said:
Love this car! Good job bro!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah I’ve always been really picky what parts I throw on her, and so far I’m definitely very happy how it’s coming along. [emoji51]

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Because paint work is important too... I’m a noob at this, but compounded and polished the hood and wowsers, huge difference. I gotta up the buffer speed and compound it longer to remove more scratches, but it looks way better than it did. The paint is actually a little brighter than it was before... guess the clear coat was just in a little rough shape because this hasn’t ever been done.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
ECS was running a discount on that twin disk clutch I have after I bought it, and they were super nice to credit my account $130. I think I used the money well, BFI shift knob for $25! It's about darn time I pick one up. It was that or to purchase the parts for the timing belt job, but I'm at 70k and that can be held off for another 5k/10k miles safely. :D

https://www.ecstuning.com/ES3022038/

riceburner

Autocross Champion
that's a big-azz turbo! nice build. Props on the polisher, i made due with my 7424XP from porter cable but wish to god i had something more serious.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
that's a big-azz turbo! nice build. Props on the polisher, i made due with my 7424XP from porter cable but wish to god i had something more serious.

Heheheh thanks! It’s not a huge turbo compared to some, but I was going for something with fast spool and this definitely does it. :p – dynoing will be coming up soon enough, 100 more city miles left.

Ohh the polisher is great. I used the hood as my first test panel and wow, it’s amazing. Removed all the tiny clear coat scratches. Before I was polishing by hand and it’s incredibly hard to do the entire car without aching like crazy. Porter Cables work too and your wallet isn’t hurting as bad lol... I figured it’s something that should last me a lifetime, especially that it won’t see that much use unlike a pro detailer.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Finally dynoed my IE450T kit! 393awhp/374lbft. Mustang dynos usually read lower, so it's pretty on-par with IE's numbers. Also got some logs, so will send those over to IE just to look over.

Last edited:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Finally dynoed my IE450T kit! 393awhp/374lbft. Mustang dynos usually read lower, so it's pretty on-par with IE's numbers. Also got some logs, so will send those over to IE just to look over.

Daaaaamn! That’s some nice power! I bet your R is a beast on the street! IE is great. Love their presence in the VW world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Daaaaamn! That’s some nice power! I bet your R is a beast on the street! IE is great. Love their presence in the VW world.

Dude it's insane. 1st gear is ludicrous, and all the other gears just haul some serious butt. Yea I've been super happy with IE. I just sent the logs I captured over to them, and I know they're always more than willing to support their customers to make sure their customer's cars are running flawlessly.

Whenever I get the chance to build the motor, I really want IE to do it. :p

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Dude it's insane. 1st gear is ludicrous, and all the other gears just haul some serious butt. Yea I've been super happy with IE. I just sent the logs I captured over to them, and I know they're always more than willing to support their customers to make sure their customer's cars are running flawlessly.

Whenever I get the chance to build the motor, I really want IE to do it. :p

That’s awesome! You definitely would be in good hands if they did it. Would be worth the trip that’s for sure!

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
That’s awesome! You definitely would be in good hands if they did it. Would be worth the trip that’s for sure!

Ohh I'd crate ship them the block :D - much easier to do that way. Very few people I trust to set the valve lashes right, bore out cylinders, etc. There might be a baller engine builder out here in Dallas tho.

Last edited:

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Ohh I'd crate ship them the block :D - much easier to do that way. Very few people I trust to set the valve lashes right, bore out cylinders, etc. There might be a baller engine builder out here in Dallas tho.

Giggity. Lol. I wish I had a Golf R. Anyway there has to be someone in your area or Texas since there are a lot of high HP cars there. Worth looking into. Especially since IE is having a sale on some of their rods and etc...

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Giggity. Lol. I wish I had a Golf R. Anyway there has to be someone in your area or Texas since there are a lot of high HP cars there. Worth looking into. Especially since IE is having a sale on some of their rods and etc...

Ha maybe one day you'll own one! The MK7 Rs have really good performance for the money.

I'm sure there's a good engine builder here. Sadly I've been in budget mode because I dropped a hella ton of dough on the turbo kit and other stuff, so told myself if I will build it, it'll be later in the year.

Also financially it doesn't make sense to pay for a rental car for around a month (which practically is how long it'd probably take when adding dissembly, shipping, building, re-assembly)... so kinda waiting until I go on a long vaca or until I get another car.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Ha maybe one day you'll own one! The MK7 Rs have really good performance for the money.

I'm sure there's a good engine builder here. Sadly I've been in budget mode because I dropped a hella ton of dough on the turbo kit and other stuff, so told myself if I will build it, it'll be later in the year.

Also financially it doesn't make sense to pay for a rental car for around a month (which practically is how long it'd probably take when adding dissembly, shipping, building, re-assembly)... so kinda waiting until I go on a long vaca or until I get another car.

You know I was thinking the same thing. With IE having the core charge you can save up and just get the new motor from IE and have a shop install it instead of having your car down for building time in addition to motor pull and replace time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
You know I was thinking the same thing. With IE having the core charge you can save up and just get the new motor from IE and have a shop install it instead of having your car down for building time in addition to motor pull and replace time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ohh I forgot they'll actually send you a new motor and allow you to ship yours back as a core. You know what that's a way better idea. [emoji14]

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Bought the 42DD shifter cable support bracket so that my downpipe doesn't burn through them. Never had the issue when I was running my Milltek downpipe, but looked at it today after a fellow 450T owner mentioned his was rubbing, and mine's definitely rubbing a lil' bit. Tried to get a photo of it, but with the intake on the car it's a bit difficult. $80-somethin shipped to prevent a headache down the road... def a no brainer to install.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/vw-6s-shifter-cable-support-bracket/