4 models, both 2dr and 4dr, both manual and DSG:

- GTI - Base

- GTI - w/ Sunroof

- GTI w/ Sunroof and Navigation

- GTI - Autobahn

Equipment Changes:

- 18‐inch "Detroit" alloy wheels now standard on all trim levels

- Rear side thorax airbags (4X4) no longer available

- Voice‐controlled Bluetooth w/ audio streaming and phonebook download standard (9W7)

- GTI: new RCD310 single disc CD player with satellite radio

- GTI w/ Sunroof and Navigation and Autobahn Packages: New RNS315 navigation replaces RNS510 navigation

- GTI Autobahn: New Smart Key keyless entry with and push‐start/stop ignition

Packages and Options:

- GTI Base - includes: new RCD310 single disc CD player with satellite radio, leather steering wheel (same design as last year, without multifunction buttons)

- GTI w/ Sunroof - includes all of the above plus: Premium 8 touchscreen radio, leather multifunction steering wheel, power sunroof

- GTI w/ Sunroof and Navigation - includes all of the above plus: new RNS315 navigation system and bi‐xenon headlights with AFS

- GTI Autobahn - includes all of the above plus: leather top sport seats with V‐Tex leatherette door inserts, Dynaudio "Lite" and Smart Key keyless entry with push‐start/stop ignition

Colors are the same as 2010 GTI.

Euro RNS310

Euro RCD310

Cross posted from vwvortex.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
is it just me or is the new nav screen smaller than the old one?

and damn the things I would do for keyless entry and ignition :(

and am I right in assuming 9W7 = 9W3 + bluetooth audio?

zee

Go Kart Champion
It is smaller. 5 inches vs 6.5inches.The 9W7 bluetooth supports both a2dp music streaming and phonebook download though.

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
oh, the 9W3 isn't capable of getting ur phonebook?

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
:D OMG I'm so glad I got a 2010 GTI! With the new setup, to be able to get the Dynaudio and Bi-Xenon it will probably cost an arm and a leg, since navigation is necessary now, basically they're forcing you to get all that stuff. And what the hell is Dynaudio light lol

scottw86

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I would have liked 18" standard, and the push-button start, but it looks like the options I ordered for my 2010 would be impossible now, so I'm glad I ordered a 2010 :D

zee

Go Kart Champion
Dynaudio light is what VWoA calls the version in the Golf and GTI because it is 300watts. The original Dynaudio which is 600watts is in the Passat.

onomatopoeia

Passed Driver's Ed
Are these packages specific to the Canadian market?

Edit: I overlooked the thread title. My bad

Interesting they dropped the rear side airbag option. I specifically wanted that for my child. I'm glad I didn't wait for a 2011. The nav looks like a toy.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
No, Canada will probably have different packages - we did with 2010 (standard Xenon, standard dual-zone climate control, etc) so I think 2011 will be different too.

PNCHDUB

Mk VI
Well, I'll be looking for the 9W7 module and hopefully a retro-fit on the smart key and push start/stop. Otherwise, it looks like the new nav is a downgrade.

r56mcs

Ready to race!
In 2010, was multifunction button standard on the steering wheel? Would the base price go up with the 18" standard now?