GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Carbonio Stage 2 Pipe Problem/Question

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
The BSH and Evoms intakes seem like its nothing more than a filter replacement. They use the factory ram air scoop so where is the improvement coming from?

No clue, I'm not tech-minded, but an average of 10-15bhp on the dyno without chip, who really cares, plus it sounds awesome too...just saying.

hugoender1

Ready to race!
No clue, I'm not tech-minded, but an average of 10-15bhp on the dyno without chip, who really cares, plus it sounds awesome too...just saying.

Are you saying you average 10-15bhp gain with your BSH intake?

DayMan

Ready to race!
The BSH and Evoms intakes seem like its nothing more than a filter replacement. They use the factory ram air scoop so where is the improvement coming from?

The Carbonio stage one is the same thing. So I dont know what your getting at? The pure size of the filter should allow more air to be sucked in. I am no pro at this stuff, pretty new, but I don't need the look of Carbon fiber or to spend the $$, and EVOMS Dyno tests looked way better to me. The gains are without needing a chip or stage two for more money. I talked to Ian there for a bit and they seem to be up to good stuff. Plus it looks bad ass...

hugoender1

Ready to race!
The Carbonio stage one is the same thing. So I dont know what your getting at? The pure size of the filter should allow more air to be sucked in. I am no pro at this stuff, pretty new, but I don't need the look of Carbon fiber or to spend the $$, and EVOMS Dyno tests looked way better to me. The gains are without needing a chip or stage two for more money. I talked to Ian there for a bit and they seem to be up to good stuff. Plus it looks bad ass...

From what I gather the Carbonio is NOT the same thing. You have to remove the stock scoop and use the Carbonio "box". It makes more sense to me that a change in scoop would increase power rather than just a filter replacement (like the EVOMS and BSH).

If someone with more knowledge on the subject could chime in it would be appreciated.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Our factory panel are actually pretty large in terms of surface area.

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
I just got mine in today and it has a black line like that. Not quite as thick maybe 1/4 inch thinner. but still visible.

Antero128

Ready to race!
Mine also had smaller black lines. I understand that that there has to be a seem. I Just dont think its right to have a thick spot like that, especially for what we paid for it. Post a pic of yours.

Antero128

Ready to race!
Ok, so I promised an update when everything was resolved. I got the replacment pipe yesterday direct from Carbonio. The new pipe is just about perfect and exactly what I expected for my $200. No thick black line. Paul @ Carbonio did take care of me and now I am very satisfied with the product.

Thanks a lot Paul!! You have a satisfied customer now. :)