GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Choices All-In-One Reference

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
The following link is a HTML page shared from a Google Docs spreadsheet I made today that puts together some of the exhaust choices, and their pertinent information, I am looking at for my 2010 MarkVI GTI TSI. I put this together to look at the differences in the major brands which also helps me keep from trolling for sometimes useless information on this forum :mad0259:. Too, after a certain point, some posts saying, "Nuh uh, ______ sounds way better than ____", or, "_____ is toats the shiznit", I wanted to see one aggregate reference for exhaust that listed objective information and not subjective information.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhmVE1hziNfZdGRkSUhySW1UdDNOVTluV3BlZExKWmc&output=html

This information is not meant to be all-inclusive, and may very well need to be updated, and was dependent on the following:

1. Information is listed from what I could readily find on the interwebs (I can update if you send me the right information if something is wrong). The information I could not verify nor find is written as "N/A".
2. Most of the information I tried to obtain was meant for my car, not yours, and me deciding to have a downpipe with a cat. I understand some people may wish to have catless downpipe, but I prefer to keep my car street legal.
3. I am not a know-it-all; see disclosure number one.
4. Information listed is in no particular order. There may be some brands I missed, so this is not to say I prefer nor promote only what I listed. Again, if I missed something, see disclosure number one.
5. Caveat emptor.
6. Caveat venditor.
7. When in doubt of the information enclosed, please feel fee to verify the information for yourself. I listed the manufacturers' posted descriptions, information and published links.
8. I admit I am a MarkVI forum noob, so if you believe this belongs in another location, please (moderator) inform me if so.

Cheers! I hope you enjoy:cool:!

Manufacturers listed, so far (6/25), are the following:

Neuspeed
GHL Exhaust
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust
Ultimate Racing
Magnaflow
Eurojet
APR
AWE Tuning
42 Draft Designs
RAI Motorsport
Milltek Sport
Blueframe
Eurosport
ATP Turbo
Borla
USP Motorsports
Techtronics Tuning
Akrapovic
CTS Turbo
BCS Automotive
HPA Motorsports
Induktion Motorsports
Innotech Performance Exhaust
XForce
Steven Petty Motorworks

If you'd like to see a post of just exhaust sound YouTube links for some of these manufacturers, please feel free to visit mk6_gti's OP found here: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30131

Last edited:

jeffreyj

Ready to race!
this is AWESOME!

thanks for putting the time and work in to create a good, easy to access resource for us noobs...

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AhmVE1hziNfZdGRkSUhySW1UdDNOVTluV3BlZExKWmc&output=html

This information is not meant to be all-inclusive, and may very well need to be updated, and was dependent on the following:

1. Information is listed from what I could readily find on the interwebs (I can update if you send me the right information if something is wrong). The information I could not verify nor find is written as "N/A".

Compare your info to:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36442

rockerdan

Ready to race!
42dd tubing is not Stainless, only the cat/muffler/tips are. The tubing is all aluminized steel. This is why their TBE is cheaper.

Construction Highlights

CNC mandrel bent 14 gauge aluminized steel tubing
CNC machined 1018 cold roll steel flanges
Professional TIG welded construction throughout
Magnaflow 409 stainless steel resonator & muffler
409 stainless steel 200 cell metal catalytic converter
Stainless steel braided flex section
304 stainless steel polished tips
Double layer graphite gaskets
Grade 5 locking hardware
CNC machined hanger assembly cad/zinc plated

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Just an FYI, Eurojet catbacks and downpipes are MIG welded, Down pipe msrp of $399 + $169 (cat) and Catback $699. Turbobacks are $1099 (mig) options + 269 (tig) + 169 (cat).

Those are msrp's I sell them cheaper.

Correction made; thanks.

42dd tubing is not Stainless, only the cat/muffler/tips are. The tubing is all aluminized steel. This is why their TBE is cheaper.

Construction Highlights

Grade 5 locking hardware

Correction made; thanks.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!

Construction Highlights

Grade 5 locking hardware

Any idea what their warranty information is?

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
Great Idea, however where are you getting your weight numbers from? I have a billy boat DP which is damn near identical to APR's current DP and I know for a fact its not 45lbs, and my catback is no where near 70+ LBS

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Great Idea, however where are you getting your weight numbers from? I have a billy boat DP which is damn near identical to APR's current DP and I know for a fact its not 45lbs, and my catback is no where near 70+ LBS

From their website:

You think that is total shipping weight then?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Probably not a good idea for a google document since most people dont direct link often and the search would never pick up the options to this thread. You might wanna just put all of the info into the OP.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
Probably not a good idea for a google document since most people dont direct link often and the search would never pick up the options to this thread. You might wanna just put all of the info into the OP.

I'll work on a work-around. You're right, this wouldn't show up on regular forum search.

Yup, good suggestions. I'll add those manufacturers as well to the database.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
this is AWESOME!

thanks for putting the time and work in to create a good, easy to access resource for us noobs...

Thank you; you're welcome.

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
From their website:

You think that is total shipping weight then?

I would think thats the total shipping weight. Plus they usually round up to the next lb or so. Without an actual scale to measure the confirmed weights I would leave a * indicating that the weights are an estimate until proven otherwise. The reason why I doubt its 45lbs is that the pipe was easy to lift even when on my back in the driveway holding it at weird angles while the car was on jack stands.

09Gitty

Ready to race!
CTS Turbo has product now as well. They just finished up their downpipe and cat-back systems and are ready to ship.