GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Last drove the VW 5 minutes ago through the snow and ice. Fairs nicely in this weather :iono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flying_solo

Go Kart Champion
ChiChat16: Heatwave Strikes Chicago, Everyone Buys Neon Glow $2k DualFlush AutoToilet

Anyone here install heated mat under their tile or know people that have? I’m thinking to redo the living room in tile because of the dogs and people traffic in and out via the patio door. But I hate how cold tile is and want to heat it. It’s not cheap and looks even worse on electric. 270 sq /ft at 12 watts a sq/ft sounds $$$$$

riceburner

Autocross Champion
clutch job + fwd = fail bukakke. Spent a winter doing my cobalt alone on jack stands in the garage. what a cluster

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Anyone here install heated mat under their tile or know people that have? I’m thinking to redo the living room in tile because of the dogs and people traffic in and out via the patio door. But I hate how cold tile is and want to heat it. It’s not cheap and looks even worse on electric. 270 sq /ft at 12 watts a sq/ft sounds $$$$$

What about just going with hardwood with a heavy coat of polyurethane

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Have I ever mentioned before how clutch jobs on mk6s aren't worth it at all? Well I am now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does this mean you wont be doing my clutch when the time comes. :iono:

Jaber

Modero
What about just going with hardwood with a heavy coat of polyurethane

I love the look of HW floors, but hate having to worry about wear-n-tear, keeping them clean and using special products to clean them. We have dark HW floors in our house right now and we gave up trying to keep it clean a long time ago. I rather go with tile that has the look of HW floor lol.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
clutch job + fwd = fail bukakke. Spent a winter doing my cobalt alone on jack stands in the garage. what a cluster

Carson and I are able to do em in about 5 hours nowadays on gti's. R's are a different story.

Does this mean you wont be doing my clutch when the time comes. :iono:

damnit. I'll still do it. Hopefully it isn't -4 out when that time comes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
5 hours wow!

ever upgrade dsg clutches?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Have I ever mentioned before how clutch jobs on mk6s aren't worth it at all? Well I am now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Carson and I are able to do em in about 5 hours nowadays on gti's. R's are a different story.

damnit. I'll still do it. Hopefully it isn't -4 out when that time comes.

Yeah FWD clutch jobs suck.

Wife's GTI is due. Been trying to nurse it along.

If you know/remember Jeff (Renner's autocross buddy with the LS 240), he was doing them for ~$350 + parts. Nutty - no way I'd do it for $350.

Jeff just started up his own shop a few doors down from Renner's warehouse. I'll probably have him do it in the spring.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
#in4jaysrebuttal

Status
Not open for further replies.