GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heel-Toe on a GTI?

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Just came back from a track day at Monticello, and I assure you heel and toeing is no problem on this car, and yes the pedals are identical to the MKV. It's really one of those things you just need to practice alot to get proficient at. No one just picks it up in a day.

Shamless pic of my car at the event. I think the stock MKV Classix painted black look pretty evil.

Monticello Review?????

Mark,
So where is the review on the full course at Monticello? LOL, I want to hear how it went! I am pysched about Lime Rock Park next month! Need to get my race pads on and I am set! Rick:)

r56mcs

Ready to race!
Of all manuals I have driven, this MKVI GTI has been the most awkward car to heel and toe. My right foot is not shaped to work well with VW car pedals. BMW e30 was the best, NC Miata was good also. MINI Cooper S was kinda strange. and VW cars are just ... i am still trying.

PDUB

Ready to race!
i found thats\ what makes it hard to heel toe for me is that the pedal is mounted from the floor rather than top mounted, thats just me though

MK05-HJ09

Ready to race!
i think this is a good summary of heel and toe:
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/howto/articles/45792/article.html
i was also wondering how well the GTI is laid out for heel and toe (or as this link says, side of foot and ball of foot).

Good little read, thanks. I've been intrigued by the idea of H/T downshifts, but I've never really done it myself. This is my fourth manual car, it's been a few years since I've owned one and I'm just taking my time getting used to driving a manual again. I've really missed it, and I do want to learn a few more techniques.