GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.9 diesel boost gauge and tach

TheShow

Hi, im trying to intstall a boost gauge and a tachometer in my 93 golf. It has a 1.9 turbo diesel.
I have no idea where to start with the tach. I would like any information anyone has about where i put the wires and all that stuff.

For the boost gauge ive been told to put the line on either the exhaust manifold or past the turbo on the exhaust then tap into the line coming from the intake manifold to the fuel pump. Im not sure which way is best to do so some tips would be apprieciated. Some pictures on either the tach or boost gauge showing places would be awsome to.

Thanks

Bugsy_Malone 666

Passed Driver's Ed
I think importantly its the fact you have joined golfmk6.com not mk3.

you should try vwaudiforum.co.uk or vwdiesel.com .

however in answer to your question, on diesels you need to have a specific type of rev counter for diesels, its possible to rewire a petrol rev counter depending on make (theres a thread on vwdiesel.net I think) and then you have to actually have the output from your alternator (theres an actual connector, you either have it or you dont.

as for boost gauge, it works on manifold pressure, theres a vacuum/boost line that runs from the diesel pump to the inlet manifold over the rocker cover, itso nly about 3mm pipe but you should be able to put a T-piece in there to get a boost reading * I think *