GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stupid Horn

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
newby indeed... not only did you not bother searching, you didn't even look at what was on the front page of this sub-forum!

vagcom thread is 4 posts below this one... I'm not even gonna bother posting the link for you :rolleyes:

pyro h4cker1

Ready to race!
IIRC there are two horns

one for the alarm and one for the driving horn.

You can disable the horn for locking confirmation, however you cannot change it to beep afaik

You can buy an electronic beep, and basically replace the horn with a new device which will give you any electronic sound you want, it's really easy to do and you can always reverse if you need to. At least that's how it worked on the mk5's. I'll see if i can find a link to one of the electronic beep devices that'll work.

trueman

Passed Driver's Ed
newby indeed... not only did you not bother searching, you didn't even look at what was on the front page of this sub-forum!

vagcom thread is 4 posts below this one... I'm not even gonna bother posting the link for you :rolleyes:

Well I thought VAG Com was a STD:mad0259:

TDI110

O_o
As far as I am aware, only European spec VW's have the beep...

I don't think that is entirely true, at least the earlier Mk6 Golfs. When I lock my car I get no beep, honk or any other sound other than the sound of the door locks engaging and my blinkers flashing. I didn't even notice an option to turn on any locking sound in the options menu.

Back on topic, VAGCOM is the way to go.

neilpalmer400

I've been arguing with VW Canada (dealer & head office) for over 2 months now about this stupid alarm beep on the Golf MkVI. Apparently only Canada & the US get this stupid and annoying (and noise bye-law breaking in the middle of the night - my neighbour is complaining and if I'm charged under the noise bye-law I WILL sue VW Canada) beep from the horn when the alarm is activated. It seems in North America VW likes to cater to their blind customers who can't see the lights flash to confirm the alarm is armed.

Anyway, what really annoys me is they claim it can't be disabled and it's not a programmable feature. This is wrong on so many levels:

1) Obviously it can be disabled, the same cars from the same factory sold anywhere else in the world other than North America don't have this stupid horn beep on alarm activation.

2) If VAG-Com can disable it then obviously it's a programmable feature, and to claim VW's own diagnostic tools can't disable it is, to put it mildly, an obvious lie.

3) I did what the dealer and VW Canada should have done and looked it up myself, on VW's own erWin Online system, which lists step by step instructions on how to disable the "acoustic feedback when locking/unlocking" feature. This is direct from erWin Onlline:

Adapting acoustic feedback when locking/unlocking
– Connect vehicle diagnostic tester.
– Select “Guided fault finding” mode in vehicle diagnostic tester.
– Use “GoTo” button, select “Functions/component” then menu options in succession:
* Body
* Electrical system
* 01 - On Board Diagnostic capable systems
* Onboard supply control unit
* Functions
* Adapting acoustic feedback when locking
AND
* Adapting acoustic feedback when unlocking

p3asa

Ready to race!
Vag.Com

I'm in the UK and didn't have any audible sound when locking the car, just the lights flashed which was a bit annoying as sometimes I wasn't sure if I'd locked it or not so when I pressed the fob again it was deactivating the deadlocks!! So i set it up to sound via VAG.COM However we don't have the horn but a very subtle "chirp". I couldn't be doing with a horn, that would drive me crazy.

Dana @ Ross-Tech

Ready to race!