GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deep's first car build!

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Haha, that's the reason, I said "well-maintained", not "good" roads ;) California is simply filled with such roads that you want! Pay a visit here and I will show you around :)

Btw, the road to Smoky mountains has some twisties. You must have been there already?

I'm just making my second payment on the car, so I haven't had a chance to get it up to the mountains yet, but believe me, a trip is being planned, haha

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Yes, you have to! Only those roads will tell you how your car is better than those family sedans :p

For sure! I'm also planning on tracking the car at VIR and CMP, so we will see if it ends up out there or in the mountains first, haha. Either way is sure to be a blast!

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Neuspeed RSe12

These wheels are simply beautiful! The extra half inch of width makes the wheel wells so much more flush. And the 10lbs shed at each corner makes the ride feel much more nimble. With a passenger in my car, I could feel the car pulling as hard as it used to do with only me in the car :)

Last edited:

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Got a bumper scratch as a souvenir from an SF cop. Covered it up with a decal ;)

Cool sticker, but a cop scratched your bumper? Screw covering it up man, I'd make them pay to have that crap fixed!

Gorgeous car, and great pics. I need to clean mine this weekend and do another photoshoot now that it's lowered

[emoji106]

Do you take your own pictures or do you have a photographer friend? I have a canon t3i I shoot with, but haven't had much luck with low light pictures. Was wondering if you had any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, he was moving those iron grills to block a street. SF downtown is crazy and more so if you have an event going on. There was no way I could get down and check it!

Anyways, good to hear you like the pics :) I have the same camera as you have. Rebel T3i. For low light, it is better to keep a large aperture (Av mode) and increase the ISO a little. If you have a tripod, use that and decrease the shutter speed in Tv mode. Once you are done capturing, in comes the processing part. Invest in a good software. I got myself PS elements. Good enough for beginners. And that reminds me, always shoot in RAW!

Tell me if you need further help! :)

ncsugray90

Ready to race!
Yeah, he was moving those iron grills to block a street. SF downtown is crazy and more so if you have an event going on. There was no way I could get down and check it!

Anyways, good to hear you like the pics :) I have the same camera as you have. Rebel T3i. For low light, it is better to keep a large aperture (Av mode) and increase the ISO a little. If you have a tripod, use that and decrease the shutter speed in Tv mode. Once you are done capturing, in comes the processing part. Invest in a good software. I got myself PS elements. Good enough for beginners. And that reminds me, always shoot in RAW!

Tell me if you need further help! :)

Thanks for the advice! I do try and shoot in RAW, I have 3 16gb sd cards to prevent running out of room. I do some filming with the camera too, so one of the cards is an 80mb/s card.

I typically only mess with the shutter speed, but I'll give AV and TV mode a try this weekend. Got a cheap tripod to help with long exposure shots, it actually functions well as a in car camera mount as well.

I have a copy of Photoshop CS6 on my computer leftover from school. I was supposed to delete it, but since I'm not using it to make any money, I'm sure no one cares, haha

Like I said before, I'll snap some pics this weekend and see how they come out. I'll probably push them your way to get some feedback too [emoji16]

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the advice! I do try and shoot in RAW, I have 3 16gb sd cards to prevent running out of room. I do some filming with the camera too, so one of the cards is an 80mb/s card.

I typically only mess with the shutter speed, but I'll give AV and TV mode a try this weekend. Got a cheap tripod to help with long exposure shots, it actually functions well as a in car camera mount as well.

I have a copy of Photoshop CS6 on my computer leftover from school. I was supposed to delete it, but since I'm not using it to make any money, I'm sure no one cares, haha

Like I said before, I'll snap some pics this weekend and see how they come out. I'll probably push them your way to get some feedback too [emoji16]

Oh sure! Send over the RAW pics if you want. I will try and process them as well as I can :thumbsup:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
eBay clutch stop

Just installed the eBay clutch-stop from Nelson. It works wonders for a $10 mod! Driving in traffic jams has become fatigue-free. That dead zone between the firewall and engagement point is gone. I didn't adjust it at all. Fit it as it is.

I highly recommend Nelson Kwong as a seller. USPS screwed up the first package he sent me. So, he simply sent out another one for me! For free :happyanim:

Last edited: