GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track Alignment: Ride Height vs. Camber

Nocats

Passed Driver's Ed
yep, i'm 100% aware and plan on replacing the master cylinder too. traction was only one of my gripes. i upgraded the oem setup to slotted rotors, stoptech lines, and hawk pads. the pedal feel was improved but braking took way too long. the new plan is 17z calipers/slotted rotors/race pads to see if i can get the improved bite that i'm looking for. i would have went tt-rs but apparently those setups are a lot heavier than stock, and i want to minimize the effects on acceleration.

Good luck man. Yeah, OEM calipers suck and weigh a ton. I am not sure if you can change the brake assist level on mkvi, but if you can and haven't yet, definitely look into that. I know you could change the XDS intensity, which is also helpful. Feel free to reach out if I can be of assistance with anything else.
Lex

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Good luck man. Yeah, OEM calipers suck and weigh a ton. I am not sure if you can change the brake assist level on mkvi, but if you can and haven't yet, definitely look into that. I know you could change the XDS intensity, which is also helpful. Feel free to reach out if I can be of assistance with anything else.
Lex

i'm in a mk5 GLI

edit: looking up the brake assist deal now. wow, not sure how i've never heard of it. i felt the pulsating of abs before some faster turns as well. i'll definitely be modifying the settings.

Nocats

Passed Driver's Ed
where did you guys get the super lap ball joint?

I got mine through Tanabe Racing/More-Japan. I don't see it listed anymore though, but it was always a special order product. I'd give them a call, part# is XMF-SAB06E. Let us know if you are still able to get them.

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
I got mine through Tanabe Racing/More-Japan. I don't see it listed anymore though, but it was always a special order product. I'd give them a call, part# is XMF-SAB06E. Let us know if you are still able to get them.

thanks man!

kern417

Go Kart Champion
So for the original question, it sounds like the consensus is to maintain my ride height, and find other ways to get more camber out of the front

kern417

Go Kart Champion
necrobump. just thought i'd add that i bought superpro ball joints and adjusted my camber. i ended up having over 3* on one side :eek: so brought it in for an alignment and everything worked out. ran 2.5 up front and 2.1 in the rear.

my long sweeping turns were much faster but low speed sharp turns suffered. plans for next year are reduce rear camber back to sup-2.0 and add a wing to improve high speed stability. we'll see how it goes.