GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Billet Pendulum Mount VS ECS Performance Pendulum Mount

artemk93

Ready to race!

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
After reading that the stock dog bone can break I did this first with the 034 ND the insert, still have stock engine and tranny mounts, car has DSG & 62k mi. Low speed NVH increased, but not sure how much is due to the 034 insert also done at same time. Glad we did it with car up on lift, it's a 4 hands job Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I ran the ECS piece for 30k miles. No issues other than increased vibrations. I switched back to stock to smooth out clutch engagement with the lightweight flywheel and 034 puck mounts.

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
But the stock pc is still prone to breakage...we still need a stronger pc minus the vibrations ideally. Although I do like how the motor barks to life now when starting Lol.

Totally_Stock_Except

Passed Driver's Ed
Interestingly the vibrations only are noticeable under 5 mph...I still have stock mounts and there are no symptoms of thumping or anything to make me think I need upgraded units. I'm at Uni Stage 2 DSG tune, shifts are crisp and quick with the 1+ ECU tune. No vibrations in shifter or sheet metal anywhere when underway.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Internet forums tend to blow things out of proportion, especially failures like this. How many of the stock mounts have actually broken? Of those failures, how many have been due to the part itself being bad, and how many were caused by abuse and/or mods that drastically changed the way the mount is loaded?

Being stage 1 with stock engine and trans mounts, I'm not worried about the stock dogbone failing in everyday driving. If I ever go stage 2, I'll put the ECS piece back in.

jkells

Ready to race!
I have ECS Motor Transmission and Pendulum Mount. And Im definitely a huge fan. I don't get sucked into the 'APR vortex' like most people. Don't pay for overpriced garbage.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Aphix

Go Kart Champion
I have ECS Motor Transmission and Pendulum Mount. And Im definitely a huge fan. I don't get sucked into the 'APR vortex' like most people. Don't pay for overpriced garbage.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

any update on the ECS pendulum mount? curious how you are liking it.

Jaber

Modero
Internet forums tend to blow things out of proportion, especially failures like this. How many of the stock mounts have actually broken? Of those failures, how many have been due to the part itself being bad, and how many were caused by abuse and/or mods that drastically changed the way the mount is loaded?

Being stage 1 with stock engine and trans mounts, I'm not worried about the stock dogbone failing in everyday driving. If I ever go stage 2, I'll put the ECS piece back in.

Normally I would agree with this, but when it happens to 3 people you know local, it's not worth the risk. $200ish vs $2k in repair damages, I'll take replacing the Pendulum. If you don't accelerate hard from a dig or accelerate hard over bumps/road imperfections, then you're pretty safe.

I have the APR Pendulum and so far no complaints. Works as described and the part/hardware are quality. Really liking my current setup, NVH is bearable (wife doesn't notice unless she is driving). 034 Insert, 034 SD Engine/Trans Mount and APR Pendulum. After all these mounts, car is asking for grip, where as before you felt like there was a delay of power transfer to the front wheels, feels more direct now.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Normally I would agree with this, but when it happens to 3 people you know local, it's not worth the risk. $200ish vs $2k in repair damages, I'll take replacing the Pendulum. If you don't accelerate hard from a dig or accelerate hard over bumps/road imperfections, then you're pretty safe.

I have the APR Pendulum and so far no complaints. Works as described and the part/hardware are quality. Really liking my current setup, NVH is bearable (wife doesn't notice unless she is driving). 034 Insert, 034 SD Engine/Trans Mount and APR Pendulum. After all these mounts, car is asking for grip, where as before you felt like there was a delay of power transfer to the front wheels, feels more direct now.

Thats my setup to once the mounts get installed. 034 motor/trans along with billet insert.
The only thing im going back and forth on is 034/apr pendulum

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
After all my research I would say APR has the only option that is feasible when it comes to this dogbone/pendulum mount. This is coming from someone that loathes even saying those words as I'm not a fan of the way APR treats their customers. I have tried the torque solutions and it was junk, I'm not even going to sell it to anybody else as I would feel bad. The "Bearing" is a piece of metal stuck in between two pieces of rubber that basically disintegrated after a few thousand miles...maybe. I stuck oem back on, but I will be purchasing APR's when I buy again.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Don't rule out the 034 part. I find it funny that people run 034 engine and trans mounts, but won't use the pendulum. Its a quality part like the rest and is cheaper than apr part