GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB Tuning Accessport now Supports 2010-2014 Mk6 GTI!

JS12

Ready to race!
Hello all from SoCal, 2013 GTI DSG with 44K here...
Thinking of going for Stage 1/1+, skipping the COBB intake despite the wicked heatshield and opt for a K&N 69-9504TTK "Typhoon" as my intake instead, as I would like to keep it CARB legal / exempt.

Any experience with this setup? Will the already available 1+ maps work with this combo? Don't plan using more than 91 gas atm.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with that intake but it doesn't appear to be using the stock MAF housing so you may run into fuel trim issues with the OTS maps. I believe a few of the tuners on here offer a lower priced map to adjust for MAF issues but I'd personally go with an intake that retains the stock MAF housing.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not familiar with that intake but it doesn't appear to be using the stock MAF housing so you may run into fuel trim issues with the OTS maps. I believe a few of the tuners on here offer a lower priced map to adjust for MAF issues but I'd personally go with an intake that retains the stock MAF housing.

Thanks for the response.
The 69-9504TTK is using 3" aluminum tubing throughout, just like COBB's own Big SF Intake System, so "I would think" the MAF should have similar behavior in both.

http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-9504_inst.pdf

Worst case scenario, K&N's design is not single piece...it actually seems possible to omit parts A, B, C & D (red in attached img) and perhaps utilize the stock MAF housing to keep it working with the OTS Stock MAF maps.

I just want to go for a solution that I could just flash back to stock for SMOG checks and re-flash right after without having to swap the intake... ;)

Sure, going for the Stage 1 with the stock airbox is definately getting me there, but I would not mind an upgraded soundtrack and - why not - some extra performance.

Attachments

• Knn.jpg
    Knn.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 525

JS12

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response.
The 69-9504TTK is using 3" aluminum tubing throughout, just like COBB's own Big SF Intake System, so "I would think" the MAF should have similar behavior in both.

Man, that intake has a lot of parts! :p You'll probably be fine but just be ready to see the fuel trims fluctuate a bit more than with the stock airbox.

I've never thrown a code but having the Accessport always on is a blessing and a curse when I find myself watching numbers more than just enjoying my car. I now only leave it plugged in after a hardware change until everything looks good for a couple of weeks.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response.

http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-9504_inst.pdf

Worst case scenario, K&N's design is not single piece...it actually seems possible to omit parts A, B, C & D (red in attached img) and perhaps utilize the stock MAF housing to keep it working with the OTS Stock MAF maps.

I just want to go for a solution that I could just flash back to stock for SMOG checks and re-flash right after without having to swap the intake... ;)

Sure, going for the Stage 1 with the stock airbox is definately getting me there, but I would not mind an upgraded soundtrack and - why not - some extra performance.

I have a hard time believing that an intake that doesn't retain the stock maf housing is smog compliant. Get a drop in filter or the neuspeed intake if you don't want to deal with removing it. The neuspeed open house is coming up soon too so you could get one for a killer discount.

Joveen

Ready to race!
I have a unitronic and got CEL with stage 1+ cobb ots. Code was p0101? Anybody experienced this? Cleared the code and flash to stage 1 everything runs smoother.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a unitronic and got CEL with stage 1+ cobb ots. Code was p0101? Anybody experienced this? Cleared the code and flash to stage 1 everything runs smoother.

Did you use the Stage1+ "stock MAF" Map or the Stage1+ COBB Big SF specific map? Think you should be using the 1st with the Unitronic.

thewalkingdad

Ready to race!
Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on added features besides the standard tunes?

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Throwing my hat into the ring here as well...

Have a 2012 GTI which I put a unitronic tune on that ended up blowing my ECU somehow...

After a while of being stock I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb accessport because of the custom tunes. Why would I go with APR or Unitronic other than the fact that they've been tuning the GTI's for a bit longer? I'm pretty sure cobb can tune a GTI if they put their minds to it.

They have. The power is so smooth at stage 1+(stock MAF) that I probably won't end up going stage 2. Very drivable and daily-driver friendly car.

Laimface

Ready to race!

Have a 2012 GTI which I put a unitronic tune on that ended up blowing my ECU somehow...

After a while of being stock I decided to pull the trigger on Cobb accessport because of the custom tunes. Why would I go with APR or Unitronic other than the fact that they've been tuning the GTI's for a bit longer? I'm pretty sure cobb can tune a GTI if they put their minds to it.

They have. The power is so smooth at stage 1+(stock MAF) that I probably won't end up going stage 2. Very drivable and daily-driver friendly car.

Did you buy the COBB Accesport from Stratified? Youd be silly not to as it contains one of their maps for free which is much better than the OTS cobb one by a long way!

COBB Tuning

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on added features besides the standard tunes?

Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Glad to hear you're happy with the Accessport and Stage1+ OTS Map!

Marshall@COBB

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Did you buy the COBB Accesport from Stratified? Youd be silly not to as it contains one of their maps for free which is much better than the OTS cobb one by a long way!

I didn't :yikes:

Hear me out though, i've gotten the short end of the stick a few times from not buying directly from the manufacturer. I didn't want to deal with that this time, plus I saw that cobb had a 30 day return policy.

Lastly, I just got out of college and got a big boy job. I've been wanting to get tuned again for a long while and now that I can afford it I didn't want to wait for shipping from Canada when Cobb is a US company.

And on top of all that, I live in a populated area (NYC) so I can find dyno tuners near me, as well as go and buy a custom tune from stratified even though I didn't get my AP from them.

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Anything you're looking for in particular? We do have plans for additional features in the future.

Marshall@COBB

I'm hoping we get the feature to switch the direction of shifts for the dsg (like the one that just came out for Porsche) as well as a dsg tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk