GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will the aFe Si Pro (TDI Stage 2) Intake work on the GTI?

iAmJakeToo

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum so my apologies if this has been answered as I have not found an answer searching through the archives. I was looking at "stealthy" airbox mods that I can do to my GTI and this intake came to my attention.

It's aFe's Stage 2 Si Pro Intake for the TDI engines but it bolts up to the bottom of the stock airbox. Super stealthy and after looking at the instructions for installing the intake, the airbox on TDI engines look exactly the same as the TSI airboxes in the GTI with only one minor change being the brass nipple on TDI engines.

That got me thinking about using this intake on my GTI and plugging up the hole where the brass nipple is, but I don't know if anyone has tried this before or has thought of this as an alternative to the intakes marketed to our cars.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

smanierre

Autocross Champion
If it bolts up to the air box correctly and also to the stock intake tube I would think it's fine, it's before the maf so unless it's really screwing up the airflow I don't think it should cause any problems.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes, it should work...you just need to plug that hole where the brass nipple is (in the pic above) on the aFe intake

iAmJakeToo

Thanks guys! I'm currently saving up some money so this will definitely be my first experiment on my GTI. An update may take awhile, thanks again for the input.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
One issue might be the is the MAF housing is different on the TDI, and might be a different distance away from the airbox so you might need a coupler thats a different length and diameter, possible one that necks down if the TDI maf is smaller. There's plenty of 2.0T intakes that are covered as well if that's what you're looking for