GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Chainspike

Ready to race!
I wanted to do a meth injection but ran into the problem of where the fu*k to buy Methanol around me. I think I remember one place but they wanted you to buy a 55 gal drum. I remember I got a lot of werid pauses on the phone when they asked what it was for.

Also who makes these kits besides BSH... I'm kind of weary about buying another BSH product. Tend to be always missing pieces or don't fit as intended.

Last edited:

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion

Just ordered this! Now I won't have to drill into my Neuspeed throttle body pipe. :thumbsup:

I wanted to do a meth injection but ran into the problem of where the fu*k to buy Methanol around me. I think I remember one place but they wanted you to buy a 55 gal drum. I remember I got a lot of werid pauses on the phone when they asked what it was for.

Also who makes these kits besides BSH... I'm kind of weary about buying another BSH product. Tend to be always missing pieces or don't fit as intended.

Check out Devils Own. Thats what I bought and their solution is pretty dang cheap. I've heard nothing but great things about Devils Own, so I can't wait to install mine soon. I'll report back once I do.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I used the bracket in front of the washer reservoir for the pump. It was like it was made for it, as the holes matched up perfectly.

I use the reservoir for a mixture of washer fluid and pure meth : ~50/50 mix of water/meth.

And I have the controller in the little coin cubby or whatever, in front of the stick and ESP buttons, along with a power switch to kill the whole thing (the switch on the right).

And I have the BSH pipe with only one injector nozzle, but am planning on doing the TB plate and also injecting after TB, too.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
NICE!

I used the bracket in front of the washer reservoir for the pump. It was like it was made for it, as the holes matched up perfectly.

I use the reservoir for a mixture of washer fluid and pure meth : ~50/50 mix of water/meth.

And I have the controller in the little coin cubby or whatever, in front of the stick and ESP buttons, along with a power switch to kill the whole thing (the switch on the right).

And I have the BSH pipe with only one injector nozzle, but am planning on doing the TB plate and also injecting after TB, too.

did the kill switch come with the kit or did you have to buy one...looks great btw!

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
No, it was purchased at Radio Shack.

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
I switched from using the BSH TB pipe to spray my w/m to using a TB spacer ton inject my w/m POST-TB.

Having your nozzle pre throttle body will cause failure to your throttle body as it is made up of electrical components. Placing the nozzle post throttle body using our plate will eliminate any possible chance of failure.

for placement of a second nozzle after the intercooler for more cooling you want to give the spray ample "pipe travel" time for full evaporation before reaching the throttle body.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Having your nozzle pre throttle body will cause failure to your throttle body as it is made up of electrical components. Placing the nozzle post throttle body using our plate will eliminate any possible chance of failure.

for placement of a second nozzle after the intercooler for more cooling you want to give the spray ample "pipe travel" time for full evaporation before reaching the throttle body.

Can you give any details on nozzle size and controller setup? I'm interested in a dual nozzle setup for both cooling and power. Are there TOP pipes that are pre drilled for nozzles?

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Are there TOP pipes that are pre drilled for nozzles?

You don't want to do that. That will lead to meth pooling in your fmic causing issues over time. The air flow efficiency of your fmic will decrease.