GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

master water/meth discussion thread

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you give any details on nozzle size and controller setup? I'm interested in a dual nozzle setup for both cooling and power. Are there TOP pipes that are pre drilled for nozzles?

For a dual nozzle setup it would consist of a larger nozzle after the intercooler, and a smaller nozzle at the throttle body. Going into the exact sizing is the next step for when you are ready to purchase. Once I have your turbo size, estimated hp, what psi you are running, and fueling I can properly figure you out nozzle sizing with our calculator.

For the controller. If you are on a stock turbo or similar size I would recommend MAF controlled. If you are on a big turbo I would recommend MAP controlled.

For the predrilled nozzle holes on the TOP pipes you need to be careful that you are giving ample time for the spray to evaporate.

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
How are those wood screws working out for you?

The wood screws are working out just fine. They hold a perfect seal, no leaks, and they are the correct thread pitch. We also have the machined screws as well to ensure fitment on all applications.

Let me know if you have any more questions, or are interested in ordering one.

They are in stock and ready to ship.

TrogdorsWraith

Ready to race!
Clint when are you planning on releasing the mount kit? And yes a holder for the reservoir would be awesome as well. I have a snow kit sitting on the table right now, and I have been trying to figure out the best way to mount it.

Last edited:

watson

Ready to race!
For a dual nozzle setup it would consist of a larger nozzle after the intercooler, and a smaller nozzle at the throttle body. Going into the exact sizing is the next step for when you are ready to purchase. Once I have your turbo size, estimated hp, what psi you are running, and fueling I can properly figure you out nozzle sizing with our calculator.

For the controller. If you are on a stock turbo or similar size I would recommend MAF controlled. If you are on a big turbo I would recommend MAP controlled.

For the predrilled nozzle holes on the TOP pipes you need to be careful that you are giving ample time for the spray to evaporate.

On your site, you have a kit that looks to be made specifically for the GTI (TSI). How does the stage three kit compare with the one made for the TSI?

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
On your site, you have a kit that looks to be made specifically for the GTI (TSI). How does the stage three kit compare with the one made for the TSI?

the stage 2 for all kits is one dimensional in control. (MAP or MAF based) The mass air flow is frequency based and not voltage based. Which is why there is a specific FSI/TSI kit.

The stage 3 kit is two dimensional (MAP and injector duty cycle) Boost pressure plus injector duty cycle is how it calculates engine load. It takes the boost pressure and trims the pre programed curve using the injector duty cycle. Always more accurate, and will deliver the correct dosage.

The reputation is built on stage 2. Stage 2 is good enough for 90% of users today. The other 10% want the Stage 3 kit. We recommend the stage 3 kits more for the 6cylinder turbo cars.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
I have a devils own kit and just ordered your throttle body spacer, I plan on doing just 1 nozzle at the moment, until I get use to things and know how everything works to a higher extent. What size nozzle should I run? Oh and I'm stage 2, full bolt ons, if that makes any difference.

Justin@USRT

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a devils own kit and just ordered your throttle body spacer, I plan on doing just 1 nozzle at the moment, until I get use to things and know how everything works to a higher extent. What size nozzle should I run? Oh and I'm stage 2, full bolt ons, if that makes any difference.

Our throttle body spacer plates are not made for Devils own nozzles. They are made to fit Snow Performance nozzles. A simple solution is to plug the hole in our existing plate, and redrill to your correct thread pitch. Any machine shop can handle this for you.

Just based off what your telling me I would recommend a 60cc nozzle. (1-Snow Sizing) I cannot guarantee this is accurate information because I do not deal with Devils Own.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Just got the new Eurodyne Boost Manager Plus installed. Not finished tuning, but it's a cool mount location!

Thanks to Ray at R.A.I. Motorsport and Chris at Eurodyne, can't wait for them to really show me what this thing can do. It's a very impressive system with all of it's features.

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 741

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Our throttle body spacer plates are not made for Devils own nozzles. They are made to fit Snow Performance nozzles. A simple solution is to plug the hole in our existing plate, and redrill to your correct thread pitch. Any machine shop can handle this for you.

Just based off what your telling me I would recommend a 60cc nozzle. (1-Snow Sizing) I cannot guarantee this is accurate information because I do not deal with Devils Own.

Just an update: I received the throttle body spacer, looks like a real quality piece. It also works with the Devils Own nozzles :thumbsup: so if anyone has a DO kit, you can still use this product. Can't wait to install it now.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I got mine from USRT yesterday...f/cking nice piece of work, mang!

Good to know it handles DO nozzles, too.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
Ok after reading this thread I'm definitely keen.

So what would a dsg k04 Giac extreme mk6 golf gti running at 23-24psi need to get this kit in from usrt?

I currently have the neuspeed pipes also. ( don't know if that's important) haha

And do you guys ship to Australia :)?

Mk