GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 05-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
jolebole
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2015 White GTI Autobahn
Get rid of that iPhone and get an Android. The problem will disappear.
jolebole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #16
Lodi
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 2dr CSG Gti w/DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolebole View Post
Get rid of that iPhone and get an Android. The problem will disappear.
Yeah. Then the only problem you'll have is owning a crappy phone...j/k

OP, I've had the exact same issues since day one with my '12. As somebody else mentioned, you can cancel the bluetooth media connection(phone is connected, music player is not) either before it has a chance to connect, or by going into the bluetooth settings on the MFD after connection is established. Pain in the ass, yes, but at least you don't kill your phone's battery for nothing. I also find that on occasion, even after turning off the car, itunes will keep right on playing if I don't cancel the connection or physically switch over to BTmusic on the headunit and hit pause before turning off the car. Would be nice if VW would come up with a software update solution, but I wouldn't hold your breath... .. .
*APR stg2+ /// R8 coils /// NGK irid's /// K&N Typhoon Intake /// Ultimate Racing DP /// Borla CB /// A-Spec TOP & TBP /// Eibach Sportlines /// UniBrace XB - UB - RB /// 17" R133's w/Nitto Invo's /// oem R LED tails /// + various cosmetic & audio*
Lodi is offline   Reply With Quote