GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > In Car Entertainment, Electronics, Navigation, Phone (Audio / Video / Electronics / Etc..)

Old 01-30-2017, 10:02 AM   #477
Surferboy120
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
^^^ adjust your LC2i and turn down the gain on your amp. It will sound much better with less distortion out of the Alpine amp.

Plus, all you need is a #18AWG power/ground wire for the LC2i. It only draws like 1A or so.
Yup adjustments of the setup are in progress as this pic was right after install. The LC2i is a great device.
Surferboy120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:21 AM   #478
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferboy120 View Post
Yup adjustments of the setup are in progress as this pic was right after install. The LC2i is a great device.
Sounds good (pun intended). Yeah, at one point, I got rid of the LC2i and temporarily used one of those cheap PAC brand LOC. It was a mistake. The sound output was noticeably lower and quality was sub-par if at best. Eventually, I bought another LC2i (same newer model as yours).
Old 01-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #479
Surferboy120
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
Sounds good (pun intended). Yeah, at one point, I got rid of the LC2i and temporarily used one of those cheap PAC brand LOC. It was a mistake. The sound output was noticeably lower and quality was sub-par if at best. Eventually, I bought another LC2i (same newer model as yours).
The LC2i is great but making sure you read and understand the directions is critical. The directions are easy but people who bypass them thinking they get it will be missing a lot since the Accubass threshold is not easily seen and is key to setting things up right initially. The difference is sound quality is HUGE. I am working to still dial things in but the basics are done. Now I need to meter it to cover what my ears and general setup cannot.

Thanks again this product is one of the best I have run into for our purposes. Clean sound at a great price without being overly complicated.
Surferboy120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #480
DigNity914
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 Autobahn Volkswagon GTI
I soldered into the 12v outlet in the trunk for power and ground.

You used the 12volt to power the amp?!? Please tell how this works out
DigNity914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #481
jebusfreek666
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 Golf GTI
I'm bringing it back!....

Was hoping people who have went this route could chime in. I know for sure I want the uberstealth box, but have been flip-flopping on swapping out for an aftermarket head unit. I have 2 questions:

1: If I do get an aftermarket unit, I will not need the LOC as the artificial base decline is actually due to the stock head unit, correct?

2. If I do get an aftermarket unit, will I lose my dynaudio? Do the kenwood double dins play nice with the stock amp for dynaudio?
jebusfreek666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #482
nikbrewer
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2008 gti
Wow, just posting to say i find it amazing to see threads about my products still active after 5 years! love to look at the pics as they show the way the box has eveolved over the years
nikbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #483
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebusfreek666 View Post
I'm bringing it back!....

Was hoping people who have went this route could chime in. I know for sure I want the uberstealth box, but have been flip-flopping on swapping out for an aftermarket head unit. I have 2 questions:

1: If I do get an aftermarket unit, I will not need the LOC as the artificial base decline is actually due to the stock head unit, correct?

2. If I do get an aftermarket unit, will I lose my dynaudio? Do the kenwood double dins play nice with the stock amp for dynaudio?
1) Aftermarket headunits will have a REMOTE TURN-ON wire for the amp(s).

2) If I'm not mistaken, the Dynaudio has an external amp. Using an aftermarket harness should still send audio signals to that amp if all is connected correctly.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #484
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbrewer View Post
Wow, just posting to say i find it amazing to see threads about my products still active after 5 years! love to look at the pics as they show the way the box has eveolved over the years
Do you still make any products?
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:55 PM   #485
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4bides View Post
He just put up a thread asking if people are still interested on our platform

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #486
nikbrewer
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2008 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4bides View Post
yes i do, feel free to visit the site

http://www.uberstealthaudio.com/

just not active in the forums much, as the product really has not changed and i no longer own a VW

I did just go look at a Atlas though, very nice and i could see getting one since i have twin 4 year olds
nikbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #487
realcyberbob
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2011 GTI
Send a message via AIM to realcyberbob
I think your box is my favorite mod, good sound and I have my whole trunk back.
2011 CW GTI 6-Speed: APR Stage II, APR Carbonio Intake, Clutch Masters FX350 Clutch Kit, 42nd Draft Designs Downpipe, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust, Forge Twintercooler, BFG DV+, Dieselgeek Short Shifter, ECS Dogbone Mount Insert, StopTech Pads & Slotted Rotors, Tyrolsport Brake Stiffening Kit, Golf R LED Tail Lights, CiM Vent Boost Gauge, RNS-510 Navigation, Uber-Stealth Box & 10" Pioneer Sub, Alpine MRP-M500 Amp, 25th Ann. GTI Golfball Shift Knob, Modshack Low Profile Engine Bay Trim, Hankook V12
realcyberbob is offline   Reply With Quote