GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With the Mk7 posting impressive numbers.. will you go ko4?

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Reply back. My car seems to run well based on boost levels and logs. I hope there's something wrong though..

I am on an older APR V2.2 file

Nitron

Ready to race!
Video cracked me up. That sums it up.

Can't wait for the water cooled manifolds to start crappin out.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
Video cracked me up. That sums it up.

Can't wait for the water cooled manifolds to start crappin out.

Lol, it's vw. I'm sure the ea888 gen 3 will have some expensive way to self destruct. It won't be timing chains, or cam followers. I say it's time to go back to vws roots. I say sludge build up this time around and yeah that exhaust manifold, or fancy water pump sounds like a good failure point. Or the valving used to control the coolest flow.

I'd personally wait till year 2

speedster

Go Kart Champion
So much butt hurt in this thread.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion

I just want to know more about it to decide later if I want to pick one up and save my money instead of putting mods on mine later. I don't wish the new car any issues, some of those who own them are acting like tools but that's another issue.

barnes93cb

Go Kart Champion
I just want to see what they can do with the new platform. I bought my car because I liked how it looked and how sporty it is. I dont plan to switch to the mk7. My next car is going to be an upgrade from the GTI if I can. Maybe a later MK7 R or an Audi depending.

I do think that if everything works out on the MK7 that it does have good potential for power.

TheCastle

Ready to race!

lol, not that! Every VAG engine has had a cool and expensive way of breaking. I'm sure that the EA888 GEN 3 will not be any different. 1.8T's blew coil packs and sludged themselves, FSI's liked to coak up, eat cam follower and HPFPs, diverter valves, PCV valves; EA888 Gen 1's like their water pumps and timing chains.

I see a trend in VAG engineering....

Plus there is always the dealers service department to help you sort it all out. As much as I like the MK7, the stealers would be the #1 reason I wouldn't get another Veedub.

I just wish BMW would bring over their sweet triple turbo diesel.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
People just need to buy an evo and slap a BT on it...

/fin

;)

no, but really.

I am interested to see if the engine does have any issues and how that relates to the older engine. But so far, definitely very impressed with the tuning on these.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
People just need to buy an evo and Tune it and add intercooler pipes
/fin

;)

no, but really.

Fixed. Those things are ridiculous. Stock DP flows well. No need to change the intake. Make 400awp with some pipes and a tune. And handles amazing. FML.. I think to myself everyday about why I bought this car.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Reply back. My car seems to run well based on boost levels and logs. I hope there's something wrong though..

I am on an older APR V2.2 file

Hg motorsport stage 1 mk7 gti uncorrected numbers.

SAE corrected was 275whp and 305 wtq

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Some make more and others make less. Plus they make power way too early.

At high speeds I was easily pulling away though.

I will do V3.1 tomorrow and see

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
at 275/305 (while those are great numbers) there is no way the stockmk7 turbo is going to pull out another 40-50 hp at stage 2 to match a ko4. Typically it seems that with these cars that stage 1 is where most of the gains are, with stage 2 adding a bit more torque and slightly amount more hp. I don't want to knock the car though... very impressive numbers, but a ko4 is a different animal it would appear.