GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I Reconnected My Soundaktor

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
sends low frequency vibrations through a diaphragm speaker. Designed to thicken up the sound.

I think the C and D article is slightly erroneous. It's not a "soundtrack" as muc has it is a Bass line for the percussion.

Yeah, I think the C&D article is a bit off.
The soundaktor is like a cel phones vibrator.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
I have a Eurojet Turbo Back Exhaust system that sounds amazing without the Soundaktor disconnected. I was bored one day and reconnected it. I really enjoy the sound enhancement with it reconnected... Of course everyone has their own personal preference.

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Have my car reverted back to stock right now to get some warranty work done, and plugged it back in today. Omg, it makes the car in stock form sound soo much better, especially in the mid range. If I was leaving the car stock, I'd say never unplug it.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I'm still tempted to wire it up to one of the dead buttons like someone did awhile back. Sometimes I miss the placebo effect of the noise making it feel faster. Thought with stage II I know if I plug it in, I'll just unplug it in another couple days. Stupid sound maker.

Winoman

Ready to race!
LOL - yeah. Got to say car was super quiet with soundaktor disconnected (even with Stage 3 & APR downpipe)....until I got my SPM exhaust (with no mid muffler or resonator). Its awfully beastly sounding now (most all in a good way) - no need for any artificial enhancement. I briefly had SPM engine mounts - with & without soundaktor - and it was extremely unpleasant & harsh - totally untenable with the soundaktor and not really nice even without it. Now it just sounds great (sometimes a bit loud when cruising and a bit raspy WOT....but mostly all good) - I love it. So I say - make it real!!!

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
+2 :word:
Holy jesus thread bump. And you agreed to something to make it even worse Hahahaha

Although I did totally forget how it sounds with it on. I took it off the first week I had it. :laugh:

jolebole

Ready to race!
Holy jesus thread bump. And you agreed to something to make it even worse Hahahaha

Although I did totally forget how it sounds with it on. I took it off the first week I had it. :laugh:
Had to bump that. I had an Mk6 and never knew I had a soundactor onboard (didn't read the forumz enough). Never botherd me. I liked how the car sounded overall. Now on my Mk7 the soundactor Its much louder, so I turned it off the first week I had it and I liked how the cabin became much quieter when cruzing. The drone when going 40-50 and in 6th gear is what anoys me the most. When you go full throttle VW blended the engine and the soundaktor sound very well. Downside is you hear more the drone than the engine and the exaust. I plugged it on today and drove a bit and yes..its gonna go Off again. I would like to try to set it up on different levels e.g 30, 60 or 80%. Don't have a vcds cable yet for that.

Steka

Guys,is there any way I could add Soundaktor to my TDI '10? I like the car so much,but being quiet most of the time makes driving a little bit boring:/ Thaanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
TBH it's probably not going to sound like you expect. I imagine the soundaktor is timed to the firing of the spark or something such that it reverberates complimentary to this engine. Not sure the TDI would sound as good if it could be wired at all :iono:

jolebole

Ready to race!
Guys,is there any way I could add Soundaktor to my TDI '10? I like the car so much,but being quiet most of the time makes driving a little bit boring:/ Thaanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any diesel car is boring. Can't fix that with a soundaktor... ;) it needs