GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Twintercooler

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
So since I've had the intercooler installed the car hesitates from a dig and it's really annoying me. I'm assuming it's turbo lag from the more volume of air it has to push etc. Is this normal for this setup on a stage 2 car? Gonna try and see if I have time to take it off tomorrow seeing my passenger side hose slipped off anyways...

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
That's what I thought....S.O.B! Oh well if I got ko4 would it work fine? That was my original goal, but I'm not upgrading this car anymore now.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
That's what I thought....S.O.B! Oh well if I got ko4 would it work fine? That was my original goal, but I'm not upgrading this car anymore now.

Relax man. You made a purchase that didn't quite work out well with your current setup, but that's not saying that you bought the wrong product. If you were ever contemplating going K04 I'd suggest you take a step back, chill, and then realize that going K04 on your car would be the best thing you've ever done! Modding your car isn't supposed to be plug and play boredom - it's supposed to be a roller coaster of ups and downs.

Take my advice and enjoy the ride. Do some more research on the TwinCooler and if K04 would iron out the hesitation, I'd say go for it. It's obviously a sign :)

:thumbsup:

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
what you could do is just cap the holes on the forge intercooler pipes, or get different intercooler pipes all together. In theory it would operate the same then as a normal fmic without using the oem intercooler.

This^

I will say though I have the Forge setup (GodspeedV1, so the ebay version) and it has worked like a charm since installed at original Stage 2 full bolted levels..... now at K04 its still great! I've never felt any lag, and never had any issues with it..... Maybe double check your setup.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
No first hand experience with the twin cooler setup but if your hose on the passenger side is loose you probably have a leak which could cause lag and less power...

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
Hesitation doesn't sound like turbo lag though...sure it's not just some kind of leak, or a plug or something?

black power

Passed Driver's Ed
Sometimes it has something to do with the tune. What tune do u have?

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
I have GIAC stage 2 and it lagged since I've had the intercooler on. In reality I probably won't ever go Ko4 so it's already off the car and sold. If anything I'll look into an s3 intercooler.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I have GIAC stage 2 and it lagged since I've had the intercooler on. In reality I probably won't ever go Ko4 so it's already off the car and sold. If anything I'll look into an s3 intercooler.

Did you run it for a while? Gave the ecu time to adjust and so forth?

BTW, I'm still wondering if anyone has the dimensions for that IC, I can't find them anywhere. Just wondering the core size.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
Yeah over 6k miles is rather just have my car back to normal. Taking catback off also. Even if my intercooler might of had a leak instead of clamping it again I just took it off.

silverrevlis

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a similar setup, and I am APR Stage 1 6MT. I don't get lag, but there is a bit of a studder at 50% throttle around 2700 RPMs ONLY. At full throttle or less than half, no noticeable issues. For me, it is a minute trade-off to my 3rd and 4th gear returns.

handisnacks

Ready to race!
Is there anywhere I can buy just the tubing for a FMIC? Similar to how the Neuspeed FMIC is set up, just minus the intercooler itself (I already have one). I'm having a hard time finding some and I don't want to buy ebay version of the twincooler tubing and cap it.