GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help limp mode, fuse blowing, autoscan inside

goose1

Ready to race!
So I posted a while back about one of the fuses popping in the engine bay of the GTI, specifically fuse #23 the first 5 amp fuse between the two relays. I thought it was the HPFP had an internal short but a new fuel pump didn't salve my issue, didn't have my VCDS at the time but now I do. Keep in mind this is with the 5 amp fuse blown and whatever runs off it.

http://pastebin.com/7qAzdmGU

Uberryan

Banned
That's a lot of malfunctions. I would check the grounds to the fuse box and make sure you didn't lose one or more or your wiring hasn't opened up entirely. This is more than just a direct short from a engine component.

EDIT:

Going through all of these malfunctions, I'd speculate your ECU took a shit if you didn't say you had a fuse blow. Bad ECU normally wouldn't pop a fuse. That said, I'm willing to bet your fuse box is bad, as these failures are too random to exist with each other simultaneously with one bad amp fuse. Does the car even start?

I'd look into replacing the fuse box at this point, IMO.

Last edited:

goose1

Ready to race!
You think I should clear the codes, swap the fuse and do another auto scan to see if all those shorts pop up, I'm dreading a bad ecu but I'll try to find any bad grounds.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

bigturbonyc

Ready to race!
So go ahead and check the connector for the aux coolant pump in the front of the engine. It will be melted, need a neconnector/wires and coolant pump. That fuse is for that and the hpfp solenoid on top. Very common issue.

goose1

Ready to race!
Holy bear of a pain in the rear connector that was it, and I thought I had already figured out Vw connectors.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk