GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 ----> Stage 2 GET RID OF JERK?

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
It is very hard to keep the jerkiness down in stage 1+... I have stage 1 tune and full APR CAI...is it the clutch? the car? or just the tune? Does stage 2 balance that out??? It feels to the passanger like Idk how to drive stick!!! I have to slip into every gear (TEARING UP MY CLUTCH) i have to rev match while gliding my clutch so it doesnt jerk... I cant just shift, like I would a normal car (at lower rpms) Its like the jerk is there right when Im about to shift. If I go up to 3.5k-4k RPM's it is fine, but im trying to not drive it all the time in high rpm's! I know i am tearing up my clutch by doing this but I hate the jerky feeling! Or am I tearing up my clutch? I am getting my TBE wed, and the stage 2 flash... will that get rid of the jerk? :iono:

Thanks in advance for all the help guys!!

Im on my phone so I appologize in advance if there was a thread on this already, It sucks searching from my phone

Last edited:

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
How can it be the driver... its because of the sudden take off... feels almost like im pressing a nitrous button! hahaha its weird! the sudden burst of boost makes for a jerky ride, and when i shift around 2500 when that boost kicks in it happens.. if i draw out the rpm's to around 4k it is fine.. care to explain how it could be me so i can correct myself! haha i have been driving sticks for years

SFvalleyGTi1

Go Kart Champion
How can it be the driver... its because of the sudden take off... feels almost like im pressing a nitrous button! hahaha its weird! the sudden burst of boost makes for a jerky ride, and when i shift around 2500 when that boost kicks in it happens.. if i draw out the rpm's to around 4k it is fine.. care to explain how it could be me so i can correct myself! haha i have been driving sticks for years

Drive faster or driver slower... avoid that certain rpm range. I guess it is not the driver... I got the same issue but I'm fairly new to manuals.

lalalaprise

Ready to race!
Are you flooring it right before you shift? There is a surge of power at about 2500 RPM so if you are flooring it right to 2500 and than shifting I could see how there would be a problem....try and be more gentle with the throttle...or shift at 2000 instead of 2500

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
AC on makes it worse. And yes it comes on at 2800RPM or so. I don't like it at all because when I shift around 3K ish (by sound of motor) the surge comes on for half a second then i'm shifted, which makes it very jerky (I'm APR Stage1 by the way)

So to reiterate the OP's question, does the step function in torque smooth out with Stage2?

seaborno

Passed Driver's Ed
AC on makes it worse. And yes it comes on at 2800RPM or so. I don't like it at all because when I shift around 3K ish (by sound of motor) the surge comes on for half a second then i'm shifted, which makes it very jerky (I'm APR Stage1 by the way)

So to reiterate the OP's question, does the step function in torque smooth out with Stage2?

I would say no. It's the same, and honestly, in 93 mode it's harder to drive smoothly that the Stage 1 tune.

I have found that the secret is moderate throttle right through the 2800 RPM surge and shift out of first at 3500. If you're trying to shift at 2900 it gets jerky and if you shift before that there's not enough power to get going properly.

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion

Yes def does make it worst... ac off make it a little better and easy to deal with... when the ac is on the it f**kin blows! so anybody have an answer if stage 2 levels it out?

seaborno

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes def does make it worst... ac off make it a little better and easy to deal with... when the ac is on the it f**kin blows! so anybody have an answer if stage 2 levels it out?

See above your last post. I think we posted at the same time.

allset

Go Kart Champion
do u mean jerky from the tourque the car makes b/c stage 1 is real jerky. Stage 2 smooths it out and widens up the power band. Not as poppy.

If this is happeneing as u release the clutch it could be the throw out bearing. U notice any noises when u let out the clutch, esp under load or on hills?

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
do u mean jerky from the tourque the car makes b/c stage 1 is real jerky. Stage 2 smooths it out and widens up the power band. Not as poppy.

If this is happeneing as u release the clutch it could be the throw out bearing. U notice any noises when u let out the clutch, esp under load or on hills?

Yes, like a crinkling type of noise... Car only has 9100 miles though

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Best way to describe it though is like a rough shift like driving with somebody who is just learning stick lol

allset

Go Kart Champion
Best way to describe it though is like a rough shift like driving with somebody who is just learning stick lol

how about a squeling/screeching /humming noise when u let out the clutch under load/hills?