GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dump valve

Legohed

Ready to race!
Has anybody fitted a dump valve to their Mk6 yet? Are they relatively simple to fit? 'Cos I think they kinda sound :w00t:.

sleepergti86

APRTuned
I would not get a DV from them as their aftermarket unit is OLD techonology. Your new dub has an electronically controlled DV which actuates a lot quicker then a mechanical unit ever will, not to mention that the Forge unit is a piston based DV which must be serviced/lubed every so often.

The OEM DV is 100% perfect and does NOT need to be changed. If you want something that increases the sound, get an intake or buy a DV Spacer that allows you to recirculate the air AND vent some to atmosphere.

Legohed

Ready to race!
Er... thanks for the replies. Yes, I am wanting something that increases the sound:thumbup:. Should have mentioned that in my first post.

I have the 1.4 122bhp TSi. Looking to take it to stage 1 too if poss.

Last edited:

TSI688

Ready to race!
I would not get a DV from them as their aftermarket unit is OLD techonology. Your new dub has an electronically controlled DV which actuates a lot quicker then a mechanical unit ever will, not to mention that the Forge unit is a piston based DV which must be serviced/lubed every so often.

The OEM DV is 100% perfect and does NOT need to be changed. If you want something that increases the sound, get an intake or buy a DV Spacer that allows you to recirculate the air AND vent some to atmosphere.

do you have anything in mind chris? was thinking of getting the FMDV14T (http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260304&product=FMDV14T) from forge. As the description goes, it states that this product works with the 06F 145 710 D solenoid valve that comes standard.

i am only looking around to see what's best.

also...do you think apr would produce a turbo upgrade for the tsi 122 engine please?

thanks.