GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Time Has Come! Finally!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Many of you have seen me around this forum commenting and stuff, and I'm finally starting the process of getting my GTI! Grades are amazing, and I now have my full driver's license. I have looked around so much over these past few months, I've looked at used A3's and A4's to V6 Camaros. I can't find a car I like more than the GTI. I love the way it drives, the interior quality, the design, everything. So now comes the whole buying process. So as of now I've been to 2 different dealerships, Huntington & Smithtown. Smithtown is telling me they guarantee to beat other prices. Obviously I am going with my parents, and they are great at getting the prices down, but what would be considered to be a good deal on a "2014" GTI? Do they come with all the accessories? Also, the wheels for those models are half and half. Half Serrons, half Lagunas. Any other tips? They already think I'm interested in a Focus ST, and a BRZ. Thanks.

Photos coming within the next 2 weeks, same goes for a build thread.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
A good price depends all upon the equipment on the car. A lot of dealers all over the states are offering good prices on Wolfsburg GTIs, though.

I took a look at Smithtown's site, looks like they're already offering at least a $2k discount on their available GTIs. Were you able to convince your parents to let you get a stick?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
A good price depends all upon the equipment on the car. A lot of dealers all over the states are offering good prices on Wolfsburg GTIs, though.

I took a look at Smithtown's site, looks like they're already offering at least a $2k discount on their available GTIs. Were you able to convince your parents to let you get a stick?

That's good! Thanks for looking. And for stick, I'm still fighting... Obviously I keep my respect and I'm thankful enough to get a GTI as it is, but I really want a stick, bad... I know it's a better choice. Remember, these are people who drive Acuras... An RLX is apparently very sure-footed... Someday, when I'm on my own, I'm buying a stick weekend car.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on hard work to earn such a great car!

Thanks! Honestly it's been a great motivator to strive even higher. Been saving for gas and all that for awhile too.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I'm just waiting until the beginning of march because of all this snow.. I will NOT have a brand new car covered in salt, sand, and subjected to all the potholes.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'm just waiting until the beginning of march because of all this snow.. I will NOT have a brand new car covered in salt, sand, and subjected to all the potholes.

If your parents gave you the green light, I would get on it now. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be able find exactly what you want. Snow and salt wash off and potholes are pretty much always an issue in northern states.

Bmath340

Ready to race!
Too bad you're not in socal! I would look for a 13 if I were you. I have $4500 off on 13s left over right now..

afctom

Ready to race!
Jeez just passed your test and you're getting a GTI. I only managed to get a 1.4 TSI because Insurance quotes were £7000/8000 per year on a GTI... what's it like in America?

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Jeez just passed your test and you're getting a GTI. I only managed to get a 1.4 TSI because Insurance quotes were £7000/8000 per year on a GTI... what's it like in America?

It's still quite a bit of money, but the car is listed under my parents with me being the main driver. That cuts the rates in half. It's still quite a bit though. 7,000 Pounds is about $11,000 I'm guessing? If so that's a lot of money. For me it would cost about $6,300 or 10,000 Pounds.. Thats mainly because I live in New York. Of course a 4 door model is less, but being 17, male, NY, GTI, nothing is in my favor there. Surprisingly, the Civic Si is even more, I wonder why :lol:

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
If your parents gave you the green light, I would get on it now. The longer you wait, the less likely you will be able find exactly what you want. Snow and salt wash off and potholes are pretty much always an issue in northern states.

I'm getting pricing now-I've been worrying about that.. It will have to be the first 2 weeks of March though.

afctom

Ready to race!
It's still quite a bit of money, but the car is listed under my parents with me being the main driver. That cuts the rates in half. It's still quite a bit though. 7,000 Pounds is about $11,000 I'm guessing? If so that's a lot of money. For me it would cost about $6,300 or 10,000 Pounds.. Thats mainly because I live in New York. Of course a 4 door model is less, but being 17, male, NY, GTI, nothing is in my favor there. Surprisingly, the Civic Si is even more, I wonder why :lol:

Unbelievable money mate on top of the car. Think I could have probably just about afforded a GTI if the insurance wasn't so much.. 17 year old male as well... think once I'm 19/20 it will be down to £1-2k

Anyway very jealous that you're able to still get one. Enjoy it mate

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Good call on trying to get a DE. Thats what I would have gone for had I done new. As is, I don't care about not having Nav, but I love HIDs and LEDs. Saving up for some or Eds OEM HID reps. But probably not the ones without LEDs as they didn't come OEM with LEDs in my year.

Any plans for mods after you buy it? Might I suggest at least some LED tails. Anything besides that, I think you should wait till its completely your car before you do any performance modifications. That car is plenty fast enough for a low experience driver. No offence. Drive it, be careful with it, and take care of it. Then when you're on your own paying your own insurance and par payment. Mod the shit out of it to your hearts content.

Certainly good choice on what you want. Of course, not many people in THIS forum are going to tell you its a crappy car. lol. The GTI in my experience has been the best all around fun/practical/economical/safe car I've driven/owned. That's why I've had 5 others before my current. Just working my way newer and nicer. Anywho good luck in your search!

*Edit: P.S. Do you really drive that Acura MDX or is that the parents?