Hi
Bought my Golf R about a week ago and so far I'm loving it

Rising blue
3dr
DCC whatever that is lol
19" black talladega
DSG

Bought it completely standard and unmolested

I came from a mk4 Golf R32 on air ride with a full respray and mods everywhere you look but it was time to move onto something a bit newer

This is what she looked like the day i bought it

fathead41

On day 2, it was time to get serious, and i spent the next 2 days detailing the car, completely removing swirl marks to the best of my ability

I washed, clayed, machine polished and corrected paintwork, sealed and waxed, treated rubbers and plastics and tyres, windows

By the time i was finished it was too dark to get photos haha so all i can show is this

Before

After

Quick 50/50

Mirror before

Mirror after

Did this all over but for some reason didn't get photos

fathead41

Then i bought some H&R springs and fitted them this weekend cost £190 from awesome gti, along with 8mm spacers on the front and 15mm spacers on the rear which i had lying around in the garage

Before

After

Apologies for the poor photo, it was dark when i finished lol

Last edited:
Is the DCC the sport/comfort button?

and cheers, would you say they are better than oem?

yessir. Sport = stiffer ride, better response. comfort= is more forgiving. Keep it comfort unless you track if you ask me, you will feel the road less.

It's all the same material (speaking of the non carbon stuff of course), pads, lines, bushings and caliper size really make the stopping difference.

If you upgrade the pads with the rotors, then yes, they are better, but you get more dust, and noise (harder material).

fathead41

Beautiful car mate, never see R's on the road!

Thanks very much :) Just going to sort some stuff out then the fun stuff begins :) I've probably seen 4 in my lifetime on day to day driving, so its quite rare, according to the howmanyleft website there are only 586 R's on uk roads? not sure if this is right or not lol

fathead41

Went over to VW Teeside today to have cruise control retrofitted
cost £125 in total for part + labour, i could have fitted it myself but didn't want to muck up the vcds part of it so let him do it
Whilst i was there i unlocked a few features, alarm blip, windows up when raining, live speedo on the display etc etc which i love by the way, i know mk7 come with this standard
Plus now i have the cruise control it allows me to have the extra features that come with the apr maps.
Whilst i was there, i had an epic drive to whitby and then home on some amazing roads! specifically the A169...wow

Anyway here are a few pics just for the hell of it, loving the new ride height of the h&r springs by the way, didn't think it would make much of a difference but it really does

Enjoy :)

Quick shot of a swirl free bonnet :)

Epic road part 1

Epic road part 2