GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cargo mat replacement

Cbax38

Ready to race!
I was transporting some paint stripper a few weeks ago and some spilled onto my oem rear cargo mat. I cleaned and washed it and let it sit outside for a few days and put it back in the car. On really humid days the fumes come back and the car really smells so i took it out again. I was looking at the weathertech rear cargo mat and my question is do i need the oem mat to go underneath the weathertech or can it just go right over the spare? If i need to buy the oem one are there any alternatives or just the vw oem one?

Thanks in advance.

Skivvy9r

Ready to race!
Weathertech

WAP

Go Kart Champion
I was transporting some paint stripper a few weeks ago and some spilled onto my oem rear cargo mat. I cleaned and washed it and let it sit outside for a few days and put it back in the car. On really humid days the fumes come back and the car really smells so i took it out again. I was looking at the weathertech rear cargo mat and my question is do i need the oem mat to go underneath the weathertech or can it just go right over the spare? If i need to buy the oem one are there any alternatives or just the vw oem one?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Weathertech liner and it is great but is rather floppy so it wouldn't work well without the stock mat underneath.