GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carefree maintenance with CPO?

AbideDude

Ready to race!
Just got an interesting flyer in the mail, no charge 10,000 mile maintenance from a VW dealership that I picked up some winter wheels from. The dealership I purchased the vehicle from never mentioned this info which surprises me, I guess.

A few questions based on that:

A. Does the 24k carefree maintenance go along with the vehicle when it's purchased used? Mine is a CPO car.

B. Why would one VW dealer send out a no charge flyer while the other has been silent? :iono:

Main reason for the question is the no charge dealer is about an hour away. Tried to google search this but didn't have any luck. Thanks for any help that you can provide. :D

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Just got an interesting flyer in the mail, no charge 10,000 mile maintenance from a VW dealership that I picked up some winter wheels from. The dealership I purchased the vehicle from never mentioned this info which surprises me, I guess.

A few questions based on that:

A. Does the 24k carefree maintenance go along with the vehicle when it's purchased used? Mine is a CPO car.

B. Why would one VW dealer send out a no charge flyer while the other has been silent? :iono:

Main reason for the question is the no charge dealer is about an hour away. Tried to google search this but didn't have any luck. Thanks for any help that you can provide. :D

Your 2013 does come with free maintenance at any Vw dealership for the period of 30,000 miles or 3 years in service. So your car should get a 10k, 20k & 30k for free.

The 24k is the warranty cpo extension that begins after the original 3 year 36k runs out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion

Your address is in a specific zone that is allocated to a specific dealer for advertising. Dealers outside of that area are not allowed to send mailers to try to get customer from another dealers region. It's part of VW's brand standards and franchise rules.

AbideDude

Ready to race!
Your address is in a specific zone that is allocated to a specific dealer for advertising. Dealers outside of that area are not allowed to send mailers to try to get customer from another dealers region. It's part of VW's brand standards and franchise rules.

Wouldn't the dealership I purchased from have VW rights to me as a customer?

AbideDude

Ready to race!
Your 2013 does come with free maintenance at any Vw dealership for the period of 30,000 miles or 3 years in service. So your car should get a 10k, 20k & 30k for free.

The 24k is the warranty cpo extension that begins after the original 3 year 36k runs out. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the reply. I am just surprised that wasn't mentioned when I purchased the car. I have also received several flyers from the dealer I purchased from without a reminder like this one. Odd.

Thanks again.:clap:

AbideDude

Ready to race!
Not when it comes to manufacture paid advertising campaigns.

Interesting, thanks for the reply. :w00t: I guess the best kind of news in the mail today. Like to DIY but free is nice and was going to have them do it for warranty purposes.