GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So when will APR give us an E85 tune?

DSMconvert1

Ready to race!
Seeing how GIAC just released their "clutch buster" revision, it would be pretty amazing to have a similar option for us APR tuned cars.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
APR has said on a couple different threads that they weren't interested in doing a E85 tune for our cars.

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
I think the question is..

How much modification will it take to even run e85 first (time/money/parts) and THEN tack on tuning research, testing, and finally a finalized product/kit?

How much more power will it make on a moderate build (k04 or higher)?

How much profit can be made from this and is there even enough interest in the community to even start research..?

I would love easier ways to go e85 but from what I heard/read/searched the juice isnt worth the squeeze for our cars, unless its some crazy insane build or youre just rich as shit and dont care lol

Do I want to see a kit/tuning option, yes.
Will we see a kit/tuning option, probably not..

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
I would love easier ways to go e85 but from what I heard/read/searched the juice isnt worth the squeeze for our cars, unless its some crazy insane build or youre just rich as shit and dont care lol

Plus E85 is just plain PITA on a DD. I've had friends do it on their mk4's but it just doesnt seem worth it to me, too many drawbacks.

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90430

I thought about switching but with only 18 hp increase including the downpipe, not sure it's worth it for non giac customers. Better to put 600 towards k04

stock to stage 1 is about 20 to 30whp depending on the dyno, stage 2 is another 20 to 30whp increase over that. Another 20whp sounds pretty good to me. That's at least 40 over a stage 1 tune, which is a bigger jump than stock to stage 1.of course every dyno is different, but still it's a pretty noticebe difference :D

Downpipe is standard for stage 2 for every company

But if you don't already have GIAC, I agree, that's a lot of money. I already had GIAC, and have e85 in my area, so I love it

Last edited:

NolaMKVI

Ready to race!
Plus E85 is just plain PITA on a DD. I've had friends do it on their mk4's but it just doesnt seem worth it to me, too many drawbacks.

yea, pretty much what I was saying lol.
It would be nice though. when I build a track car its going e85 from the start. it'll be trailered around though.