GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 11-15-2015, 05:27 PM   #15
Antimatter
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Probably thinking of the TL Type S. They're actually not a bad match for a stage 1 GTI.
Antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #16
PLF8593
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '15 CSG 2dr manual GTI SE w/ LP
Definitely thinking of the TL Type-S. Obviously not a true sports car, but in my opinion one of the nicest all around cars sub 60k I've ever seen. My dad had a base 2008 TL on a 3-year lease, and I used to froth at the mouth just imagining buying it off the lease and turning it into a Type-S lol. The blue Type-S is probably my favorite car in the world. If I could get one with less than 100k for less than 20k I would.
PLF8593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #17
SyDiko
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
I don't race on the highway, but I ran into that model TSX over the summer and decided to humble him a little bit. I believe we went from a 30-110 roll and I walked him 3 times.

I dont know if he had any mods, but his car was a bit louder than a normal TSX, but then again I've never heard one under WOT up until then.

Engine/Tune wise I'm stock, but I do have grippy tires, less weight, and a lower stance than a truly stock GTI, but that difference is negligible.

Last edited by SyDiko; 11-18-2015 at 12:13 PM.
SyDiko is offline   Reply With Quote