GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CALLING APR KO4 TURBO PEOPLE

adema69

Ready to race!
Hello guys I have a question for the APR ko4 users. Do you know if apr adjust the waste-gate actuators to 22psi max output? I have the cobb accessport and cant get the car to boost more than 22-23psi even when its requesting 29psi?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

I am currently trying to see what I can achieve hp wise on the ko4 with e40 and methanol but limited with the psi.

FriggenT1

Banned
We have support for the 3 bar map sensor through AccessTuner Pro. It was part of our last update for VLK-001.

I was told by UM that the 3 bar didn't matter and it would still get above max stock map sensor. Also driver motorsport didn't need one either, as it would peak 25 psi on most setups.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
Hello guys I have a question for the APR ko4 users. Do you know if apr adjust the waste-gate actuators to 22psi max output? I have the cobb accessport and cant get the car to boost more than 22-23psi even when its requesting 29psi?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

I am currently trying to see what I can achieve hp wise on the ko4 with e40 and methanol but limited with the psi.

Im in the same boat. may be a leak unless you have a huge IC then its probably just a byproduct of more volume

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a Cobb related issue. On the APR file my car, and every other V3.1 car hit 27-28psi every time back when it came out. And they don't touch the wastegate.

This is the second time I've heard of someone running Cobb that can't request about 22psi even with the new map sensor, and the other person I know is on a big turbo.

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
No they don't. I have an apr k04 on my car with their 3.1 tune. It hits 29 all day.

Its your tune/tuner. The turbo and 3bar map sensor will hit 27-28 all day.

Been APR V3.1 tuned for 45k miles

What they said 27-29 easyyyyy. Love looking at my boost gauge:D

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I was going to say, the IC and location should affect it. Plus if you have the pipings and such. Less volume, more pressure. Move more air, lower psi for same power.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Not with my intercooler it wouldn't

What intercooler are you running? I have the Do88 intercooler which is comparable to APR's volume.