GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why is my used/stock GTI showing 15psi boost??

rcuppernall

Ready to race!
Just installed a boost gauge in my 2010 GTI. I know it's right because I purchased the replacement vacuum hose with the tap built in. Now I thought stock boost was around 7psi. Why does it show that I am running 15psi?
Is there something that I don't know done to my GTI?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Have you compared the feel of it to another known stock one? It may have a tune.

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
i would probably just bring it into a shop and see what they say. doesnt really matter what brand it is, as long as you know its tuned.

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
The tuners aren't just going to check the list and tell you it's tuned.. they'll want some sort of proof that you own the car, since a dealer could ask them the same, and void the warranty if they wanted. They might want a faxed copy of the registration or something

Lumberboy

The tuners aren't just going to check the list and tell you it's tuned.. they'll want some sort of proof that you own the car, since a dealer could ask them the same, and void the warranty if they wanted. They might want a faxed copy of the registration or something

Not necessarliy true. I bought my GTI used from a local dealership and had a feeling it was tuned. I emailed APR the VIN and they confirmed that stage 1 software was installed. I didn't need to send any proof of ownership.

rcuppernall

Ready to race!
So I messed with the cruise control to test the tune and find out if it was APR, and it is. So I know now its an APR tune. Thanks for the help all