GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else using their GTI for Uber?

fflemke22

Passed Driver's Ed
This isn't a full time gig for me...i only put 5k/year on my car. Not overly concerned with another 3-4k. I'll do it till it feels like a pita. I'm sure the novelty will wear off but in the meantime I'll make some coin to put towards tune/wheels/etc this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
Right on mang.
My buddie does this on the side as well.
Doesn't work weekends, does it when he needs/wants extra mula, or even if he doesn't have shit to do, he'll just get up and drive. lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
So you make 20-30 an hr ? What about cost of gas and wear and tear and depreciation on the car? A GTI is a terrible car for uber.

Best thing is a used prius with about 100k miles. 0 depreciation good reliability and really good city MPG.

But I don't own or want to own a prius. Nor is this a full time gig. Yes, it's not the absolute best car to uber in, but it's not like it's a Land Rover or some other gas guzzling unreliable SUV. I do the morning weekday shift in Chicago for a few hours once or twice a week. I usually average 20-25 miles per shift and make $30-35 per hour. I did the math and it's worth it to me.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
I would be terrified of the chance someone vomits its my car. No thanks. I would totally do it, just not in my car.

///Audience

Ready to race!
I had considered doing this but the vehicle has to have 4 passenger doors.

fflemke22

Passed Driver's Ed
But I don't own or want to own a prius. Nor is this a full time gig. Yes, it's not the absolute best car to uber in, but it's not like it's a Land Rover or some other gas guzzling unreliable SUV. I do the morning weekday shift in Chicago for a few hours once or twice a week. I usually average 20-25 miles per shift and make $30-35 per hour. I did the math and it's worth it to me.

I'm in Chicago too...I try and catch morning surge pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I would be terrified of the chance someone vomits its my car. No thanks. I would totally do it, just not in my car.

I had a few worries before I reached that one.

Zach L

VR junkie
My old roommate bought a 2009 Audi B8 A4 manual last year that he does Uber and Lyft in. He was doing Uber "Select" which pays quite a bit extra. Another friend does Select in his 2014 Merc C250. Some of the people are weird to have a conversation with, but most people are really cool and both of them have yet to have a bad experience, even doing it at 3:00am. Both of them have hooked up with chicks while Uber'ing and the Audio guy gets numbers often.

fflemke22

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm married but if I wasn't....def a way to meet people. I've had girls flirt but I won't let my wife know that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derilict

Passed Driver's Ed
Was seriously contemplating Uber (and looking for a 4 door) as an extra side gig as well. Then I found my 2 door GTI, and said F it! I, too, was worried about someone hurling in my car--that's just nasty.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't mind but .....
1. My car is CW
2. I live 20 minutes outside of town
3. My car is a bit louder than the average GTI

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
How many people a day or week do you plan on taking? Id be too afraid of putting high mileage on it

I was going to help out a friend who owns a pizzaria last summer by making deliveries for him on the weekends but the thought of the mileage scared me off (and the thought of my car permanently smelling of garlic)

I dont like the idea of the wear and tear on this car either. If i took any job that required driving a lot of miles I would want a more reliable vehicle

Lots of luck tho

This

I delivered pizza back in college days, i end up driving 30k miles a year, also commute to school was 75 miles roundtrip, and i usually end up 50-100+ miles for one night of delivering. And sometimes when i accidently leave the pizza bag and when i leave for next morning, the smell pretty much comes right in your face once i open the door.

I would not do uber in a gti, if i have a civic or something then yes id do that on the side.