GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help, car won't start!

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
So i went outside to run to the store yesterday and my car won't start. It cranks just fine so we can rule out the battery and the starter. My guess is fuel pump. anyone second me?

From what I've read you can hear the fuel pump prime when you open the door to get in. And i remember hearing this noise even though i didn't know what it was. Now i do not hear this any more. My first thought was to check the fuel pump fuse but of course there is no fuse map in our owner manuals. The dealer also won't tell me what fuse is what and can not get me in for an appointment until friday (amazing service).

If anyone has had this problem or might know what it is please let me know! Im going to be so pissed if I have to wait all week for them to check a fuse! Again not the battery, the car cranks fine but just won't fire up.

gugu1981

Passed Driver's Ed
the fuel pump fuse is by the driver side front door.

either #6 or #7 in the middle row. 15amp (light blue) fuse.

If i remember correctly, middle row, from the front of the car toward the back of the car, the first slot should be empty, followed by 3 or 4 fuses, another empty, and then the one for the fuel pump.

Peter

rocks31

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the feedback, the car is at the garage now anyways. The fuel pump was gone so they replaced it, only for the new one to quit just after installation. They said now that it must be the ecu and they are going to order one of those and replace it. Does anyone have any idea if this could be the problem? Never heard of an ecu frying a fuel pump before. Heard on an alternator putting out to much power and burning up a fuel pump, but never a ecu causing this.